I'm creating a custom race mod, having problems.

6DeathKnelle9

I'm making a custom race mod for a Daemon/Demon/Devil race, my problem is figuring out how to use the dragon tail in place of a Khajiit/Argonian tail for the custom race as well as adding permanent horns to the race. I understand there is a mod with attacheable tails in HDT, however I don't want the tails to be attacheable/dettacheable pieces of equipment and instead a part of the actual race, like argonians and Khajiit.

Any help is appreciated as I've been looking for guides and tutorials for a while and have not found any that cover or assist my endeavors so far.

Update: I have followed a tutorial and have added the tail, however the hands, feet, and torso are invisible. The head floats in the air with a tail. I am going back through and recreating a fresh plugin since my testing and tweaking may have been the cause to why they disappeared.

I do not believe I should be utilizing the same SkinNaked Armor for this race as the SkinNaked Armor would change the other vanilla races to also have a dragon tail.

Still experimenting on adding horns to the race, however I believe the same effect as before can be achieved for this (like with the tail).

Currently looking for tools, applications, etc. that will allow me to edit the coloration of skin for the body, however I need to figure out if that will also change the body for the other races should I go down that path.

Also looking for tools, applications, etc. to edit the color of the eyes to be more demonic though someone I spoke to said I have permission to utilize their mod eyes so long as I credit them, I may just go down that road for that particular problem as it is easier than reinventing the wheel.

I have been taking pictures of the differences between the Vanilla "DEFAULT RACE SKINNAKED ARMOR" and the "Daemon Race SKINNAKED ARMOR", I noted that the Daemon Race excludes some things that may be important, seeing as the skinnaked armor is an exact duplicate I am uncertain how.

When trying to add armoraddons to the Skinnaked armor, I do not see them appear after selecting new and the appropriate skin.

Will update with more info as I progress, assistance is greatly appreciated.

Update: I fixed the body, it shows now, but since I use SchlongsOfSkyrim the crotch/male genitalia isn't showing and there is a gaping hole there.

The tail is also coming straight out of the ass of the female and male models, need to figure out how to move them up and back so that they are attached by the tailbone.

Still working on horns, but I think I can do that part myself.

I need to figure out how to edit the texture of the male and female body to show scales around the tail region, on the face and neck, and other places on the body to give it a more demonic/draconic look. Also to change the colors to red, dark red, purple, dark purple, pink, and deep pink skin tones.

Update: Still no go on the SchlongsofSkyrim compatibility, working on it.

Tails are fixed and working correctly.

Adding horns.

Still no idea on how to edit skin textures...

Need to figure out how to give the human head model "elven ears".

Using eyes from another mod that go well with demonic theme.

This is very fun, frustrating because I have no help and am figuring this out on my own, but fun. Soon you will all be able to play as a Tailed Horny Devil Male or Female and seduce, destroy, chaos mayhem, etc. throughout the lands of Skyrim. And by soon I mean as soon as I figure this out on my own, because no one is helping me so far with figuring this stuff out. >_>

Hi, I'm fairly experienced with this kind of stuff. Do you use Blender or 3d max? You need it to position the horns and to edit the head mesh. You also need Gimp/Photoshop and Nvidia dds plugin to edit the textures. I can help with CK stuff too. Also, me too, I mostly figured out this stuff on my own and with googling. Edited by Derok

Hi, I'm fairly experienced with this kind of stuff. Do you use Blender or 3d max? You need it to position the horns and to edit the head mesh. You also need Gimp/Photoshop and Nvidia dds plugin to edit the textures. I can help with CK stuff too. Also, me too, I mostly figured out this stuff on my own and with googling.

I would love help actually, The only things I have are the CK and Nifskope, where can I get Gimp and Nvidia dds plugin? (Not going to use Photoshop because it costs a bit from what I heard.)

What is Blender and 3d max? Never heard of that...

Tutorials online have been a blessing and a curse because its helpful but you never know what they are talking about and they sling technical terms around like crazy, lol.

Update: I have created two separate tails for male and female versions of the Daemon race in order to properly adjust the tail to fight on the tailbone.

Currently working on horns for male and female heads.

Going to work on a custom head for the male and female model to have pointed ears.

Utilizing 3ds Max to create custom skin textures for the race for both male and female, I'm new to the program so it will take me a while to complete. Will have to research tutorials on editing skin textures in skyrim.

Anyone want to assist me with this, please step up, I greatly appreciate it.