Porting Request

Unlimitedrevolver

I was hoping someone might be able to port or help me port a mod from Oblivion to Fallout: NV.

If someone could port the mod from the link I put below to FNV and send it to me, I would be very grateful.

If this is too much to ask, I would appreciate a guide or a link to a guide/s that would help me accomplish porting this mod.

I have absolutely no modding, Blender, or NifSkope experience/knowledge.

I am using this mod for personal use (maybe to gain some experience in modding), and so I probably don't need the author's permission.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry if this isn't the right section to post this in.

The link to the mod - http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38471#fileanchor

Also if it's not too much more to ask for, I would like to know if it's possible to replace all the human NPCs' faces with this mod.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First thing you need to do is figure out what the core of this project is. What is it about this "race" that you like so much? The reason why is because it could turn out to be a very broad project. As you see that mod is just shy of 200Mb which is pretty huge just for a race. Though if you know what the core is, then you have something that you can focus on, and will help you get to a finished product that you can test faster.

What is it about this "race" that you like so much?

The entire race. It's not an elf mod or anything bizarre, so I can't really pinpoint any specific thing I like about it.

As you see that mod is just shy of 200Mb which is pretty huge just for a race.

It's actually bigger than that, there's around 370 objects.

I hope that doesn't mean this will become too difficult to port over. Although this might be a good challenge to start modding off with.

Also I heard that NifSkope might be needed and of course GECK is needed, so should I post this topic over in those sections or is there people in here that know about that?

I don't want to spam which is why I ask.

Yeah but I don't think anyone is going to go through the work for you alone.

I didn't really think anyone would do it entirely for me, rather I also wanted to use this as a learning experience.

You can look at it as an opportunity for you to learn, ask the forum for help as problems come up, and if you succeed you will have learned a lot.

If I can't get permission, I can't try to convert it...

Sure you can, you just can't repost it.

It says, and I quote

You are not allowed to convert this file to work on other games under any circumstances

I'd like to have an all-in-1 GECK, Blender, NifSkope, etc. guide on all the methods for doing this though. Although the chances of someone taking time to do that for me is probably slim...

Edited by Unlimitedrevolver