The Witcher 2 install help

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

CB1

CB1

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 3 posts
The Witcher 2 will not install on my computer, after agreeing to user license and install starts and runs for a minute i recieve this message E:\data2.cab I\O error. I have already contacted CDPROJEKT support has no answer for this error. If anyone has an answer to this problem i would appreciate it, Thank you.

jim_uk

jim_uk

There's someone watching me, I can tell.

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,900 posts
Try copying the files from the DVD to a folder on your hard drive and running the set up from there, also run the set up as admin.

CB1

CB1

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 3 posts

Try copying the files from the DVD to a folder on your hard drive and running the set up from there, also run the set up as admin.

naked blade

naked blade

Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
I was having install issues as well. I was getting a 'data error CRC' or cyclic redundancy error. Turns out my DVD ROM , which is just over old, cannot read the cab files. That being said, I could not copy the files to the hard drive and install from there. Long story short, I had to buy a new DVD ROM for my system before I could install the game. Installed the new DVD, and it installed fine. This would have been nice to know before I bought the stoopid game, some specs on the requirements for the DVD ROM needed.

Now I'm stuck in part of the game and can't get around it...go figure :wallbash:

HanPL

HanPL

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
@naked blade

It all depends on your DVD Drive quality and laster my DVD Drive is from 2007 and I had no problems with installing the game :)

CB1

CB1

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 3 posts
Thank you for your tips, Naked Blade and HanPL answers were correct to my problem. I also had to buy a new DVD Drive to read the CD.

j5rulez

j5rulez

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have an istallation issue. I had to re-install Win7 on my computer. Then I installed the game again. It goes through the installation to the end, but the launcher doesn't open anything anymore.

tommy5761

tommy5761

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

I have an istallation issue. I had to re-install Win7 on my computer. Then I installed the game again. It goes through the installation to the end, but the launcher doesn't open anything anymore.

You might try temporarily turning off UAC through control panel>user accounts and also making an exception in your antivirus or any other security program that you may have installed that may block an exe from executing

cloud52065

cloud52065

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi to all. Anyone have an answer to the Isdone.dll installation error?.. TIA guys.

greed127

greed127

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i just bought my asus g73jw series and it wont install w2 anyone have the same machine and know what i need to do to make it work

Page loaded in: 0.724 seconds