The Witcher 2 install help

The Witcher 2 will not install on my computer, after agreeing to user license and install starts and runs for a minute i recieve this message E:\data2.cab I\O error. I have already contacted CDPROJEKT support has no answer for this error. If anyone has an answer to this problem i would appreciate it, Thank you.

I was having install issues as well. I was getting a 'data error CRC' or cyclic redundancy error. Turns out my DVD ROM , which is just over old, cannot read the cab files. That being said, I could not copy the files to the hard drive and install from there. Long story short, I had to buy a new DVD ROM for my system before I could install the game. Installed the new DVD, and it installed fine. This would have been nice to know before I bought the stoopid game, some specs on the requirements for the DVD ROM needed.

Now I'm stuck in part of the game and can't get around it...go figure :wallbash:

I have an istallation issue. I had to re-install Win7 on my computer. Then I installed the game again. It goes through the installation to the end, but the launcher doesn't open anything anymore.

You might try temporarily turning off UAC through control panel>user accounts and also making an exception in your antivirus or any other security program that you may have installed that may block an exe from executing

• 2 weeks later...