[FO4EDIT] SPEL effects for legendary effect (object modification)

thingy123

Hey guys,

i've been experimenting with my Custom Legendary Modifications and I think I got it figured out the solution but I'm wondering on how to apply it as far as I know, MGEF and ENCH will not work. ENCH only gives you visual effects, that's it. Which is a problem for me as I'm still figuring out the Disintegration effects (Critical hit Lasers, blue lasers.. etc.. etc) And I gotta up the critical chance to 100% so you can watch your enemies disintegrate every time (Especially for melee weapons).

So.. does anyone know how to apply the SPEL effects to weapon properties? ENCH works with formID,Int and then then all that.. Just have to put in Enchantments and you're good to add an Enchantment ID in that. Is there any way to add SPEL effect to the properties?

ENCH and SPEL both use a MGEF reference for its effect so not sure what you mean by apply spell effects. Essentially the MGEF is the magic effect, and you use either a spell or object effect (SPEL/ENCH) to "cast" said magic.

ENCH does more then visual effects, and is what you probably should be using.

Good point.. Hmm. I'm still trying to figure out the solutions as I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. The visual effects are there, but the conditions like this: http://i.imgur.com/9bYsGam.png do not appear to be working.

As well as that, I cannot seem to get critical hits to happen all the time to get the body to dissolve completely. So I'm still working on the Ench part. Besides, I'm running out of ideas atm... hmm.

OOOH! I'll take a look at it now. Thank you, man. I feel stupid for not realizing this earlier. You're godsend! That does give me more experiments to try out. Thank you, dude.

Haha no problem, let me know how it turns out. Wouldnt mind running around disintegrating everything with melee weapons laugh.gif

Condition works, now I gotta figure out how to implement the spell effect. Hmmm

Update: Condition is working, however the body does not disappear completely. Stays and becomes invisible temporarily until it becomes visible when the disintegration effects are done. Ashes at least show up. Now I need to work out how to implement that spell or figure out some creative way to make that body gone. It's like you wanna have game automatically make that body 'disabled' through command while the ash remains.

Also posted an update. Gonna keep trying. i'm looking at that exploding eyebot mod. Also added you, lilkandeekid to the credit list since you've just helped me heaps. I was running myself crazy for a while before I decide to post, lookin' for any help/tips in regards to this issue.

Hey thanks :smile:

And ya essentially you need to copy the CritLaser SPEL (731B2) but as an ENCH and make sure its a constant effect rather then a chance.

So really just need an ENCH with CritLaserEffect (MGEF 731B3) with its effect and that death condition im thinking right?

Hey thanks smile.gif

And ya essentially you need to copy the CritLaser SPEL (731B2) but as an ENCH and make sure its a constant effect rather then a chance.

So really just need an ENCH with CritLaserEffect (MGEF 731B3) with its effect and that death condition im thinking right?

Basically yes. I'm experimenting. I'll let you know the results soon.

So constant effect. I understand now. I'll bear that in mind from now on when I make stuff like that again.

Update 1: Nothing materialised yet, but I'm seeing alien disintegration provides the best solution to this issue. I'm gonna experiment with it. copy it's properties to others.

Update 2: Problematic.. I have not been able to convert a copy of my SPEL effect into the Ench. This is gonna be good.

Update 3: Only the Alien Disintegration seems to work. I'm still trying to work out how, but I am growing convinced it's accomplished by the scripts. Sigh.

Update 4: Holy s***, somehow I got it working! Gonna test the other 2.

Update 5: Discovered that the effect will still not activate if you do kill that person in one hit. Critical does not help.. Hmmm.

Update 6: Posted the update. I still can't work out why these effects do not activate immediately when you 1hit kill the person. I'm beginning to think it might be something to do with conditions. Will work on it tomorrow my time.