How are you preparing for Revamped Survival Mode & Automatron DLC?

CyrusAmell

Whelp, I have the Season Pass (bought before the price hike) so all I have to do is wait for the new content to roll in for March. With the Revamped Survival Mode (which is free) we can expect weighted ammo, disabled fast travel and the risk of malnourishment to halt our usually unimpeded progress across the Wasteland. With the Automatron DLC, a $10 affair without the Season Pass, we can expect the return of the Mechanist along with an army of robots he has unleashed on the Commonwealth for some unknown reason / nefarious purpose.

To prepare for Survival Mode I have emptied my inventory of unused bullets, limited the amount of Fusion Cores I carry to 5 and stocked up on Vertibird Signal Flares.

For the Automatron DLC I have maxed out Robotics Expert, fortified my northwestern settlements in case the robot invasion occurs near Sanctuary and set up as many artillery pieces as possible across the map in the event they turn out to be useful (highly doubtful for the latter).

So, what is everyone else doing to prepare for this first wave of content? I am sure our Lone Survivors will all make the Mechanist wish he had stayed in his garage when we litter the Commonwealth with the spare parts and spilled oils of his robot minions and have him at our mercy.

I might consider sparing him if he joins the Minutemen, otherwise I am leaning towards executing him if for no other reason than to say to the world "don't mess with me."

Edited by CyrusAmell

I plan on starting a new character when Survival Mode gets released so I am sort of in a holding pattern.

I've just been trying out new mods. I randomly crated a new character and leveled it up by die roll. The last fee days I have been looking into ways to repair the roofs in Sanctuary. Trying to determine if weapon weight has an effect on VATS AP Cost or not.

I've just been trying out new mods. I randomly crated a new character and leveled it up by die roll. The last fee days I have been looking into ways to repair the roofs in Sanctuary. Trying to determine if weapon weight has an effect on VATS AP Cost or not.

It might, bigger weapons with powerful ammo do cost more AP to discharge in VATS whereas my Explosive .44 Pistol can shoot all day in VATS mode. I love my Explosive .44 but I swap to a standard Mighty .44 occasionally when I need to make kills near friendlies. For everything else my Instigating Gauss Rifle can take the head off damn near anything from sneak mode (nevermind with crit). Thing is, the Revamped Survival Mode will alter damage output for guns and alter how players and npc take damage. Maybe automatic weapons will actually be viable now? Unlikely, but one can wonder. And if the 2mm ammo becomes too heavy that may also alter my equipment equation.

As for the Sanctuary roofs, I thought there were already a few mods out that fixed them.

Edited by CyrusAmell

I plan on starting a new character when Survival Mode gets released so I am sort of in a holding pattern.

In regards to repairing roofs, check out the first part of this video:

This guy's channel has lots of examples of that sort of thing (though he seems to like to leave holes in his upper roofs when he makes stairs; it does rain in Massachusetts! =^[.]^=

I'll probably start a new character for both, depending on how these DLC's play through. Some of them are geared towards higher level characters so the difficulty is harder in them (Point Lookout for example the Ferryman even told you up front if you weren't a high enough level). Encumbrance is something that really pisses me off in these games and is something I'm always torn over. On one hand, it's pretty ridiculous to think a person can carry as much crap as I have in my inventory, so immersion is out. On the other hand, there is no way I'm going to slog my ass back and forth with loot. I blame the Diablo series for this lol. Normally carry weight is the first thing I console edit because it irritates me so damn much and all it really does as far as cheating is concerned is cut down on how many trips I have to make back to town (well I guess now it also lets me carry more ammo, but I always carry something melee for backup anyway).

I agree that encumbrance can be a bit of an issue, I am reminded of when I tried to take as much loot as I could from the Gunner HQ and how many trips I needed to make to a nearby settlement to secure it all.

I am hoping that Automatron is primed for high level players, it would be a shame if a single questline based dlc worth $10 was a walk in the park at endgame. And I really hope that the ability to make robot defenders for our settlements becomes a reality, however unlikely that is. Still, the chance to upgrade Codsworth would be a neat consolation prize.