How are you preparing for Revamped Survival Mode & Automatron DLC?

CyrusAmell

I'm not sure when I'm going to get a chance to play them. My holidays are over and I'm back at university, so I won't really have the time to fully immerse myself in the game for a brand new playthrough (which is what I want to do with the hardcore mode).

So I probably won't get started straight away when they're released. I've bought the season pass, but I'll still probably wait a while afterwards until I've got more time.

Whelp, I have the Season Pass (bought before the price hike) so all I have to do is wait for the new content to roll in for March. With the Revamped Survival Mode (which is free) we can expect weighted ammo, disabled fast travel and the risk of malnourishment to halt our usually unimpeded progress across the Wasteland. With the Automatron DLC, a $10 affair without the Season Pass, we can expect the return of the Mechanist along with an army of robots he has unleashed on the Commonwealth for some unknown reason / nefarious purpose.

To prepare for Survival Mode I have emptied my inventory of unused bullets, limited the amount of Fusion Cores I carry to 5 and stocked up on Vertibird Signal Flares.

For the Automatron DLC I have maxed out Robotics Expert, fortified my northwestern settlements in case the robot invasion occurs near Sanctuary and set up as many artillery pieces as possible across the map in the event they turn out to be useful (highly doubtful for the latter).

So, what is everyone else doing to prepare for this first wave of content? I am sure our Lone Survivors will all make the Mechanist wish he had stayed in his garage when we litter the Commonwealth with the spare parts and spilled oils of his robot minions and have him at our mercy.

I might consider sparing him if he joins the Minutemen, otherwise I am leaning towards executing him if for no other reason than to say to the world "don't mess with me."

DLC are best played with a new game, you don't want to already have high level with a large amount of support that lets you blow through it easily.

DLC are best played with a new game, you don't want to already have high level with a large amount of support that lets you blow through it easily.

While it would have been nice to have this new dlc when I first started playing, I really don't have the time to start a new campaign from scratch and I quite like my current character who sided with the Railroad. Yes it is a bit laughable for an endgame character to transition to survival mode what with the stockpiled arsenal, medical supplies and other resources but I feel that it's fun to prepare oneself.

As for Automatron, I did not want to be caught flat-footed in the event that Robotics Expert was needed to build new robots. Hopefully it is only an intelligence and armor/gun smith requirement or such because I do not see any possible new characters I might make getting around to investing in the Robotics Expert in a timely manner.

Edited by CyrusAmell

I agree that encumbrance can be a bit of an issue, I am reminded of when I tried to take as much loot as I could from the Gunner HQ and how many trips I needed to make to a nearby settlement to secure it all.

I am hoping that Automatron is primed for high level players, it would be a shame if a single questline based dlc worth $10 was a walk in the park at endgame. And I really hope that the ability to make robot defenders for our settlements becomes a reality, however unlikely that is. Still, the chance to upgrade Codsworth would be a neat consolation prize.

I'm really shocked there wasn't some option to at least restore him to new condition when having him as a companion.

I agree that encumbrance can be a bit of an issue, I am reminded of when I tried to take as much loot as I could from the Gunner HQ and how many trips I needed to make to a nearby settlement to secure it all.

I am hoping that Automatron is primed for high level players, it would be a shame if a single questline based dlc worth $10 was a walk in the park at endgame. And I really hope that the ability to make robot defenders for our settlements becomes a reality, however unlikely that is. Still, the chance to upgrade Codsworth would be a neat consolation prize.

I'm really shocked there wasn't some option to at least restore him to new condition when having him as a companion.

Of course, all of the resources at our disposal and we can't get our robot butler cleaned up so as to look presentable. Hopefully Automatron fixes that. Though I am not quite certain how we will be using Sentry Bots, they can't be full-time companions because I am pretty sure they cannot fit through most doors and hallways. Still, I would consider it awesome if we could give The Castle a new sentry bot named Sarge. Shame what happened to the last one....

Edited by CyrusAmell

Of course, all of the resources at our disposal and we can't get our robot butler cleaned up so as to look presentable. Hopefully Automatron fixes that. Though I am not quite certain how we will be using Sentry Bots, they can't be full-time companions because I am pretty sure they cannot fit through most doors and hallways. Still, I would consider it awesome if we could give The Castle a new sentry bot named Sarge. Shame what happened to the last one....

Yeah, I can build entire settlements, I can build mods for my weapons and armor, I can build artillery and I can even build a flippin teleportation contraption, but after killing dozens upon dozens of Mr. Gutsy's who share the exact same componentry, I can't shine him up or upgrade his weaponry.

:down:

Yeah, I can build entire settlements, I can build mods for my weapons and armor, I can build artillery and I can even build a flippin teleportation contraption, but after killing dozens upon dozens of Mr. Gutsy's who share the exact same componentry, I can't shine him up or upgrade his weaponry.

If it's not in the DLC, I'll work on a mod for it. I'm sure the DLC will come with a number of upgrade options for other bots that can be converted easily.

If it's not in the DLC, I'll work on a mod for it. I'm sure the DLC will come with a number of upgrade options for other bots that can be converted easily.

Man you know what I want more than a restored Codsworth? There was a mod for FO3 that changed Wadsworth into an Eyebot....and I really liked how easy EDEE was to have as a companion...I'd really like to see Codsworth redone into an Eyebot. They're in the game already so it probably won't be difficult to do. I also really miss the NV companion wheel...it would be nice to be able to tell companions how close to follow and how to behave. I can't believe they left that part out.