Do You Think the Delayed Creation Kit Will Have a Long Term Negative Effect on Modding?

mmaniacBG

From what I've seen, the delay in the release of the creation kit was due to them trying to pimp out their site, Bethesda net, but also, had modders been given the tools, no one would have bought wasteland workshop. Modders like DDproductions have already shown that they can create far better content....and not break your game or saves at the same time. Their site is god awful for giving out mods. It can be abused, mods can be stolen from the nexus without any punishment on bethesda net, false flagging of mods on bethesda net occurs quite often, and can be abused. Bethesda dropped the ball big time. But since the creation kit is out, at least in alpha now, its time to quit complaining, and do something. If you've got some spare time, go try to be creative. Learn to use the proper tools, and see how it goes. If you want to make the modding community stronger, go out and try to be part of the effort.

there's definitely something of a crash course feeling to the whole thing, the timing does lend itself towards conspiratorial beliefs as well which are probably justified

you're right about that learning to do something thing, I still haven't finished the game (which is what I want to do before I wipe my mod list and then restart, get the fresh ones and look for anything that needs to be done in my mind that I can actually do) because idiot me, I keep finding new mods and try to integrate them into my already 255 load order list by patch merging to play the game with further amazing'ness, on the bright side I've learned a fair bit because delving into mods to look at data does that

but every time I get an idea someone else goes and does it, and to be fair I've spat out a few ideas, but this I recognize is the power of hivemind and a decentralized interest oriented collective to bring forwards what one can only dream of and create a little of at best~

Edited by tartarsauce2

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic