Money Mod

letterbomb815

Is there a way to get infinite money (orens)? Or a way to edit your save game file, to tweak your total money?

I know this is cheating. But to be honest, I just want to play the game for the story at least on one run through. Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

After poking around, I found a way to do it. I figured I would post how, in case anyone else had the same question:

Step 1: Download Cheat Engine

http://www.cheatengine.org/downloads.php

Step 2: Follow These Steps

Load up your game and alt tab back to your desktop then follow the instructions below using Cheat Engine.

1. Select your process as witcher2.exe.

2. Make sure your scan type is set to exact value and set your value type to 4 bytes.

3. Enter your current oren count where it says value and hit first scan.

4. Alt tab back in-game and spend some orens on a cheap item.

5. Alt tab back to Cheat Engine and type in your new oren count then press next scan.

6. Repeat this process until you only have one address left in the sidebar on the left.

7. Double click on the address and it will move to the list in the bottom.

8. Double click on the value in the list and change it to whatever you want your oren count to be.

Edited by letterbomb815

If someone could still make an infinite money mod that would be great, using the cheat engine process is a little complicated and having the mod would make it much simpler.

Alternitavely, someone could instead make a mod that makes all the items in the game free or cost 1 oren. It would serve the same purpose as an infinite money mod.

Edited by pyromaniac01

To be honest: I'd rather have a mod that makes the re-sale value of the items more realistic. I mean seriously, selling a piece of armor that is worth 1000 orens for 49 orens is just nonsense.

I was attempting to explore this idea myself. I do not want a complete handout and would prefer to earn my orens but as you said .. the sale value for the junk / items is beyond stupid. I am new to modding and have just now gotten the files unpacked so if anyone could point me in the right direction towards a guide or the next step I would be glad to work on it.

You could use the witcher save game editor (TWeditor).

Very complicated but seems to work.

Link

This mod request is for The Witcher 2 Marc...This save game editor is for the first witcher no?

The link I posted contains indeed the editor for the first witcher, but was posted merely as an example.

I read on some other sites that it works for TW2 aswell. If this is a fact I don't know, cause the material is to complex for my taste so I never tested it or even tryed to test it.

Maybe someone could test it and make a simple tutorial out of it if it should work?

the price for buying items can be found in items/def_prices.xml. If you open up one of the def_item_[type].xml files you'll see the tag in there that assigns price to an item. Problem is that there doesn't seem to be a file to define sell prices so i can only assume it's coded to calculate sell price based off the buy price.

quite possibly done in the action script of the UI swf. files. wont know for some time.