Changing Mutagen Bonuses

I'm trying to change the bonus for linking blue, red, and green mutagens. I'm changing the skill slot link bonuses section in the geralt_skills.xml file but nothing is changing in the game. The other changes I make to the same file are applying but not the mutagen bonuses, even when I start a new game or use the cleardevelop console command. Can someone enlighten me as to what might be wrong?

I've even looked through many script files trying to track down where this is applied and how it takes one value to determine all three levels of the mutagens. Can someone at least tell me where to find that in the script files? I've figured out many things on my own so far but this one is driving me nuts. Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by acbatchelor

:wallbash:

Nevermind. After fooling with this for like 2 days, I finally decide to ask for help. Then just a few minutes after posting the topic, I finally figure out that I should be looking in the def_item_ingredients.xml file. I'm still not sure what the mutagen bonus section is for in the other file but whatever, it doesn't matter now.

I too tried to modify the geralt_skills.xml trying to change the amount of stamina used for casting sings, cutting it in half. Doesn't take effect either. Can you please tell how and what you did?
I uncooked the bundles using wcc_lite, modified the xml, packed it, created a metadatastore file, zippedit and used NMM to install it. The packed file is called blob0.bundle but I think it should be called xml or xml0.bundle instead. I tried renaming the installed file but that didn't change anything either.

• 4 years later...

Well, thank you soo much for posting this though. I now have green mutagens that give 10% base toxicity instead of 150hp. Fk what an improvement this was, green mutagens are finally useful!

Though, I have run in to a smaller issue with this, so the changes I made to def_item_ingredients.xml are as follows:

I changed the type=add to type=mult like on the other mutagens and I changed vitality to toxicity of course. Now the script looks like this, for anyone interested:

<!-- GREEN -->

<ability name="greater_mutagen_color_green" >
<toxicity type="mult" min="0.1" />
<greater_mutagen_color_green_synergy_bonus is_ability="true" />
<mutation_research_points_green type="add" min="1" />
</ability>
<ability name="greater_mutagen_color_green_synergy_bonus">
<tags>alchemy_s19</tags>
<toxicity type="mult" min="0.01" />
</ability>
<ability name="mutagen_color_green" >
<toxicity type="mult" min="0.07" />
<mutagen_color_green_synergy_bonus is_ability="true" />
</ability>
<ability name="mutagen_color_green_synergy_bonus">
<tags>alchemy_s19</tags>
<toxicity type="mult" min="0.007" />
</ability>
<ability name="lesser_mutagen_color_green" >
<toxicity type="mult" min="0.05" />
<mutagen_color_lesser_green_synergy_bonus is_ability="true" />
</ability>
<ability name="mutagen_color_lesser_green_synergy_bonus">
<tags>alchemy_s19</tags>
<toxicity type="mult" min="0.005" />
</ability>
<!-- GREEN X -->
<ability name="greater_mutagen_color_green_x" >
<toxicity type="mult" min="0.1" />
</ability>
<ability name="mutagen_color_green_x" >
<toxicity type="mult" min="0.07" />
</ability>
<ability name="lesser_mutagen_color_green_x" >
<toxicity type="mult" min="0.05" />
</ability>
Some notes to this: If you put in add instead of mult, the mutagen will give as much toxocoti as the min=value suggests BUT when combined with the Synergy alchemy skill, it will give shitloads of toxicity due to that skill works by multiplying the values of each mutagen and since the red and blue ones are 0.1 and i put 10 on the greens, it shoot through the roof. This was solved by making toxicity a mult aswell and now it provides just the same levels as the other two mutagens.
There is one bug so far tho: If you slot three green skills and a G green mutagen AND Synergy, for some reason, you will have 155 max toxicity and not 160 as it should be. And if you remove the mutagen you will have a max toxicity of 115 and not 100 as it should be. I dont know why this is as of yet and if anyone knows or is interested, please tell me. This bug doesnt appear when using the aquired tolerance skill though, most peculiar. So if you have 246 max toxicity from that skill, and my modified mutagens, you will end up with 301 max tox, just like you should... really itching my head about this one, but oh well... it is playable for now.