Skyrim freezes/crashes no mater what I do.

ferrari365

This might sound crazy but try this - install the 344.75 Nvidia driver for your laptop (the one with the 850m). I have a similar laptop (actually a little more powerful) and I was having the exact same problem. After months of grief, I came to the conclusion that it was my graphics driver. For some reason 344.75 was the only one that game me a stable game. This driver is something like a year and a half old. Just today I though maybe I'll try updating to the latest, and the problems came back. So now I'm going to install 344.75 to see if I get a stable game again, but I strongly suspect I will. I hope it helps you. If not, you can always re-install the latest. I feel like its a shame that I have to t=run this old driver, but so far its the only thing that seems to solve these random CTDs.

This might sound crazy but try this - install the 344.75 Nvidia driver for your laptop (the one with the 850m). I have a similar laptop (actually a little more powerful) and I was having the exact same problem. After months of grief, I came to the conclusion that it was my graphics driver. For some reason 344.75 was the only one that game me a stable game. This driver is something like a year and a half old. Just today I though maybe I'll try updating to the latest, and the problems came back. So now I'm going to install 344.75 to see if I get a stable game again, but I strongly suspect I will. I hope it helps you. If not, you can always re-install the latest. I feel like its a shame that I have to t=run this old driver, but so far its the only thing that seems to solve these random CTDs.

Unfortunately, that didn't work as well, but there may be some truth behind that as on the weaker laptop I have an AMD card and on the other - an NVidia. It's still progress although not in the direction I hoped for. I might as well just give up and play Fallout 4 instead, at least it doesn't make me pull my hair out of frustration. Really hoped I could fix this masterpiece but I just don't see how that's going to happen. No matter what I do, there's no result. :(

• 1 month later...

Hope I'm not too late. This post will be very helpful to people who pasted the memory code into skse.ini but still get crashes and freezes on npc load or geometry load.

STEP 1.

if you have skse, then goto data/skse

add a file called skse.ini to the folder

then paste the code from here into it:

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

STEP 2. This is what will fix crashing for skse.ini users!

Now we are going to test to see if this memory patch is actually working to fix our crashes and freezing.

download memory blocks log https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50471/?

run the game until you get into the game then exit,

go to data/skse/plugins and open up memoryblockslog.log

if it says 512mb 256mb, then your crashes are fixed,

if it says 256mb 256mb, then the skse memory patch wasn't working at all this entire time. try adding -forcesteamloader to the shortcut path of the shortcut to skse.exe

create a shortcut to skse, and

right click it,

goto properties,

and add -forcesteamloader to the path so it looks like this

"C:\Users\Desktop\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim - Legendary Edition\skse_loader.exe" -forcesteamloader

after doing that, the crashes should be fixed now.