Overwriting game_main.arc?

kaindjinn

Hi everyone,

I just started playing/modding DDDA on PC and I'm having an issue using the NMM to install mods: every mod I have seems to overwrite one another, so the only active mod I can have is whichever one I installed last. (Currently, Easy Clothing Inventory, for example.) Am I missing something obvious? Thanks.

Yes DDDA is not the easy to mod type of game... For being simple all game files are split in .arc files and only one of each can be use in your game, if you want to use two mod that change the same .arc file, you need to merge them, this is not really hard but you need to know how to do it..^^

Here a little tutorial for how to merge mod, this is the same thing for every .arc file (but the name change)

1- Copie and paste your game_main.arc somewhere.
2- Open it using this : http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/25/? (select you game_main.arc and click on extract).
3- You should now have a folder call the same name as the .arc file at the same place.
4- In the mod archive you have a folder call game_main, extract it at the same
place as you game_main folder and press yes to override.
5- You now have a game folder with mod in it.
6- Use the Arc Extractor again and select again the copie of your game_main.arc and press RePack this time.
7- After the little loading your game_main.arc is now modded.
8- Place it inside you rom folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ddDA\nativePC\rom) and you done!

9- It is recomanded you to bakup you original .arc files before.

In general, mod author will provide an archive folder that you can merge, but is they don't, just extract the file like I said before and merge it with the other.

And by the way, welcome!