Favorite code comments

traenol

Just a fun little topic, post your favorite comments you have found in Firaxis' code

XGMission.uc

var localized string m_strChicken; // I just want to use "Chicken" every once in a while

every once in a while is apparently rand(500) == 0 heh

I have bupkiss knowledge of the "code" of XCOM 2 or how to view it, but I'm positive that the Advent Soldiers cuss like sailors all the time, but the dialogue is distorted, just enough, to avoid the censors cracking down on it. I swear I've heard the F bomb and "Argh, s**t" when I've shot some of them.

I have bupkiss knowledge of the "code" of XCOM 2 or how to view it, but I'm positive that the Advent Soldiers cuss like sailors all the time, but the dialogue is distorted, just enough, to avoid the censors cracking down on it. I swear I've heard the F bomb and "Argh, s**t" when I've shot some of them.

You're not the only one. I love it when I can almost make out a line from one of them.

And I'm sure they are calling my soldiers (particularly the female ones) some VERY unflattering names or making quite lewd, and possibly illegal, suggestions, when they do that "hand pointing" thing (the Jean Luc Picard "Make it so" gesture)

X2AbilityTag.uc

------------------------

if (AbilityTemplate != none)
{
if (AbilityTemplate.AbilityCooldown != none)
{
// subtract 1 because that is for the "current" turn.
// an ability with a 1 turn cooldown would finish cooling down at the end of the same turn.
// so it could only be used once that turn, but could be used on the immediate next turn.

OutString = string(AbilityTemplate.AbilityCooldown.iNumTurns - 1);
}
}
break;

---------------------

How many turns is that?! I mean like -- my head is spinning & eventually will cool down too. :D

• 1 month later...