Favorite code comments

traenol

Got a new favorite -- more cynical than a real comment, IMHO;

// TODO: ... (( just about anything! ))

Now, that they are getting ready to issue two more (summer) DLC and the extra great features they'll offer to us... i have to wonder if the DEVs have any serious intention to re-visit these code areas to finish up the planned fixes. :D

Well, there are some particularily interesting (or important) stuff in many UC scripts that seem to indicate a bunch of other features weren't actually finished.

Sure --TODO-- doesn't imply Firaxis DEVs will or would try to continue a few "Todo" tasks... but i find it extremely funny to realize cool options were left hanging in the Twilight Zone.

Here's a quick example (by which this post was triggered, btw) !...

From UITacticalHUD_SoldierInfoTooltip.uc. I was just trying to figure if the Mobility Stat could be inserted in that ToolTip. I soon realized the actual enum for it isn't defined in the necessary structure. We get what is there.. that is all. Unless, some genius could find another way. Anyhow, here's that comment;

simulated function array<UISummary_ItemStat> GetSoldierStats( XComGameState_Unit kGameStateUnit )
{
    local array<UISummary_ItemStat> Stats;
    local UISummary_ItemStat Item;
    local EUISummary_UnitStats Summary;

Summary = kGameStateUnit.GetUISummary_UnitStats();

Item.Label = class'XLocalizedData'.default.HealthLabel;
    Item.Value = Summary.CurrentHP $"/" $Summary.MaxHP; //TODO: Colorize when below a threshold
    Stats.AddItem(Item);

Soooo... Thresholds in colors! Kinda sounds cool, don't you think? :)

From Line #8321 of XComGame.INT

;[X2StrategyElement_TFTDWorldRegions]
;AtlanticOceanDisplayName="Atlantic Ocean"

Either they had plans to introduce another "Fortress" feature or that specific strategy element still has some form of active status for future DLC. (( Shen's Gift, maybe?! ))