Open Community  ·  383 members

Stardew Valley

Welcome to the Stardew Valley forums

Site Bot

Welcome to the Stardew Valley forums on Nexus Mods.

We keep all discussion for new games to a single forum to make early discussion on the game easy to browse through and find. If the game becomes particularly popular on these forums then we will manually add more forum categories to help split up the various discussion topics a little bit more.

But for now, please chat about anything and everything related to Stardew Valley in these general discussion forums.

Please remember our Terms of Service when you're talking on these forums as we very actively moderate and enforce our rules here!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I've recently become a premium member of Nexus Mods. I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can help me with.

1: I need to know how to download the mods and then how to use them on Stardew? Do they automatically start or what? I have downloaded SMAPI, but Vortex is listed here. Which one do I use? I'm sure it's not that difficult to do, and I sometimes make things more difficult than it is, so any assistance here would be greatly appreciated.

2. I have recently learned from YouTube videos that Skull Cavaran has an elevator mod, which would be absolutely wonderful! I'm tired of having to start over at level 1 every time. Which collection would this be in, also?

Thank you in advance

• 5 months later...

Hello! I have several

files for Shane and Sebastian's character sprites as well as their portraits. I have spent HOURS attempting to unpack and repack and edit and make folders and change file formats and run Terminal and I just cannot for the life of me accomplish the installation of these. I hate computers. I've provided everything down below... if anyone knows how (and wants to of course!) I would be so so SO grateful if someone could help a girl out and make a mod out of my art. Full credit to whomever can create this. Thank you all so so so much.

file:///Users/macyhubka/Library/Group%20Containers/group.com.apple.notes/Accounts/B84A060C-7C79-4A8A-B018-386F4CAB892B/Media/36FDE416-0272-41E5-B742-D47ECC31CCFB/Shane-updatedportrait.png

file:///Users/macyhubka/Library/Group%20Containers/group.com.apple.notes/Accounts/B84A060C-7C79-4A8A-B018-386F4CAB892B/Media/5EABFF1A-7E79-44E7-8198-343A74877D58/IMG_0053.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Olá eu gostaria de começar traduzir mods mas não sei como se faz alguém podia explicar?

Hello, I would like to start translating mods but I don't know how to do it, could someone explain?

I translate on Google if something is misspelled I apologize.

• 2 weeks later...

I've recently become a premium member of Nexus Mods. I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can help me with.

1: I need to know how to download the mods and then how to use them on Stardew? Do they automatically start or what? I have downloaded SMAPI, but Vortex is listed here. Which one do I use? I'm sure it's not that difficult to do, and I sometimes make things more difficult than it is, so any assistance here would be greatly appreciated.

SMAPI is a framework for running Stardew Valley with mods installed. SMAPI stands for Stardew Modding Application Programming Interface. The SMAPI website can tell you where to find and download mods, presumably at reliable websites such as NexusMods. The URL for this list is smapi.io/mods. Vortex is a specific tool for downloading from NexusMods. Google "how to download mods with vortex" and you'll find a lot of instruction on how to do that. Vortex will download and install MOST mods automatically. Some mods are written without including this ability, and must be manually downloaded and installed. Player's Guide to Using Mods (https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:Player_Guide/Getting_Started) has information on manually downloading and installing mods.

2. I have recently learned from YouTube videos that Skull Cavaran has an elevator mod, which would be absolutely wonderful! I'm tired of having to start over at level 1 every time. Which collection would this be in, also?

The Skull Cavern Elevator is found at https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/963. It is a wonderful thing to have!

Hope this helps!

BTW, I notice your handle, OmaKat. As I know that Oma is German for grandmother (our son-in-law has German ancestry), are you another Granny Gamer? I'm one. My grandson taught me how to mod!

• 7 months later...

Hi Guys,

I'm eager to delve into game modding but struggle with written instructions! Are there Discord communities where folks discuss modding techniques? My experience is limited to Steam Workshop Mods, so I'm excited to explore this new realm with some guidance.

Edited by Maria465