Weapon idea... Not sure how to go about it.

I just released the DC2 beta armor set and things are going pretty well. Within the next 4-6 weeks I'd like to release a wrist mounted weapon for it but I'm not sure how to do this. Basically after the weapons drawn, or equipped what Oblivion does with the mouse input would need to be changed. The plan was when the mouse was clicked, the weapon would swing like a short sword or dagger... When the mouse is held down, it would go into the bowdrawback animation and essentially become a ranged weapon. In short this is a wrist mounted weapon that acts as both a melee and ranged piece.

Anyway, I'm not sure how Id go about doing this. I'm not sure if this would be a script id just add to the item in CS, or if theres other things that would need to be done.

Would anyone be willing to help on this project, or if not maybe point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Justin

I just released the DC2 beta armor set and things are going pretty well. Within the next 4-6 weeks I'd like to release a wrist mounted weapon for it but I'm not sure how to do this. Basically after the weapons drawn, or equipped what Oblivion does with the mouse input would need to be changed. The plan was when the mouse was clicked, the weapon would swing like a short sword or dagger... When the mouse is held down, it would go into the bowdrawback animation and essentially become a ranged weapon. In short this is a wrist mounted weapon that acts as both a melee and ranged piece.

Anyway, I'm not sure how Id go about doing this. I'm not sure if this would be a script id just add to the item in CS, or if theres other things that would need to be done.

Would anyone be willing to help on this project, or if not maybe point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Justin

Looks like what you want to achieve would be to swap between two nifs depending on the context. Looks like a job for NifSE http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1114745-betarelzwipz-nifse-v10/