Fallout 4 Beginners Guide

gromulos

Here's the problem i am having. I am using the standalone version of Wrye. I put in the black bashed patch file in data. I go to wrye and see it at the bottom. I right click on it and get no option to rebuild it. All i see after File/groups/ratings is list masters, readme, list bash tags, create boss report, copy mod info, and list dependencies. So how do i rebuild the batch?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) uninstall wrye through the control panel, DO NOT just delete it or it's folders unless there is not any option in control panel

2) reboot

3) install this version - https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/download/46113

4)try it now and let me know if it works

I had tried that before but didn't work. Same version as well. BUT....I started up the game without the bashed patch and everything is working fine. A lil stutter here and there but i think that is the ENB that i need to work on changing stuff around

I had tried that before but didn't work. Same version as well. BUT....I started up the game without the bashed patch and everything is working fine. A lil stutter here and there but i think that is the ENB that i need to work on changing stuff around

STOP!!!

You need to find out if that bashed patch is actually working or not. If it's not you're going to have HUGE problems as you progress through your game. There should be a little ? symbol at the bottom of wrye, pink or purple if I remember right. click on that and it will take you to the Wrye instructions page, then you need to read how to build the patch

Wrye is NOT a program that you can just assume is working, if you do, don't count on a stable play through

i have read all that. I have spent 12hrs on why it is not showing up for me. Nothing. All it does is assume the button is there in the context menu, which it isn't. Also reminder that I am using the standalone exe. I tried python but i couldn't get any to work. Tried both python versions. I have version 307.201 for the wrye flash standalone Also i only had mopy when i downloaded it. Not sure if im missing the Data folder or where to even get it

EDIT: Found out you can't do bash patches yet until the CK. But since it is out now, just waiting for the new update i guess

Edited by akirashima

just to make sure you installed it right, please show me the exact path where wrye and the Mopy folder were installed?

The wrye files and folder(s) SHOULD have gone into the same folder as the Fallout4.exe file (FO4.exe) ?

just to make sure you installed it right, please show me the exact path where wrye and the Mopy folder were installed?

The wrye files and folder(s) SHOULD have gone into the same folder as the Fallout4.exe file (FO4.exe) ?

That is correct. They are all in the same folder

then I think you are right, you might have to wait for the GeCk, you SHOULD be able to use a merged patch using FO4EDIT, also linked in my guide thread, i just prefer the bashed patch because it gives you more options

• 4 weeks later...

Ok...

I want to try to follow your guide, but for some reason one of the resources you listed, Wyre Flash, is not available.

Any help in either obtaining a copy of Wyre, or managing some other way to check the load order? I am having issues with the settlement system losing entire menus from the new DLCs and I am trying to figure out how to fix the issue.

Thank,

Elvn

Ok...

I want to try to follow your guide, but for some reason one of the resources you listed, Wyre Flash, is not available.

Any help in either obtaining a copy of Wyre, or managing some other way to check the load order? I am having issues with the settlement system losing entire menus from the new DLCs and I am trying to figure out how to fix the issue.

Thank,

Elvn

Try this - http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/495/?

also Wrye Flash / Bash is now posted :D

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20032/?

Edited by gromulos