Fallout 4 Beginners Guide

gromulos

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can use a merged patch from FO4Edit, it will do almost the same thing as the bashed patch, Wrye was always easier and included more options

• 1 month later...

Wrye bash for fallout 4 is deleted WHY!!!? I NEED IT BADLY!

• 4 weeks later...

Wrye bash for fallout 4 is deleted WHY!!!? I NEED IT BADLY!

Wrye has been removed from the Nexus for Fallout 4 for some reason, so until it comes back, everyone please use this in it's place - http://www.nexusmods...out4/mods/495/?

Edited by gromulos

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea on when a working version of Wrye will be released for FO4? I see a lot of talk there will be an update after the CK has been released, but that's also a bit vague, to say the least, as I was under the impression the CK has been out since roundabout May 2016 or is that still a béta version?

I've been using Wrye Bash for Skyrim and found it a relatively easy to use tool, while xedit seems a touch daunting. As a consequence, I'd prefer to stick to what I (more or less) know...

Thanks in advance :)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi there, I so appreciate the thought behind this guide & I Always read up and try to learn as much as i can on my own..but i can't find a simplified, current version of a tutorial Anywhere for Wryebash (anything 2017 or w/ FO4 is all i wanted). I've used LOOT & the last version of FO4Edit for months with no issues tho FO4Edit looks a lot different than what i remember and i never needed another program running 70-80 mods stably. Then i returned to fo4 after about 6 months break & went on an 'immersion/hardcore' mod adding frenzy and decided i Should use wryebash as it's almost universally recommended. The official read me for wryebash makes me lol...i'd need a degree to comprehend that. For an example it took me 15 minutes of 'searching' just to figure out wrye Flash is just bash for FO4 hence the F, now onto trying to install it...all of the videos i see mention Skyrim/FNV ect...not a sentence with fo4 And wryebash together, which is confusing for me. Also nothing mentions if i Should use bash's mod installer...but i know how to use NMM....this is my 1st problem. Can i use NMM and say 'no' to bash's mod installer? then i ASSume i can watch a tutorial from another game using bash for the 'drag & drop load orders until they're green' part?

Sorry for that wall of text but after 90+ minutes of trying to just figure out how to Start the install process let alone run it got me frustrated.

Edited by ninjamaster0420

Installing Wrye is really not that hard. You open the zip ( non- papyrus version ) and drop everything inside the zip into the main FO4 folder where Fallout.exe is located, which for me is located here - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4

Then to run it you just click on Wrye Bash.exe inside the MOPY folder which for me is located here - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Mopy

then you just follow ALL of step 2 in my guide to use it

as for using Wrye and NMM i also use both and don't worry, any changes you make in 1 will be mirrored in the other, although Wrye and NMM are the only 2 programs that do this. If you were using FOMM or MO neither one of those Mirror wrye and Wrye doesn't mirror them either

Edited by gromulos