Fallout 4 Beginners Guide

gromulos

my FAVORITE radio station mod "Muggles Joints" stopped working some time ago & I only have 2 other radio mods...both of which should be compatible, posted about it on mod page but believe its un supported currently, I tried re installing it, no luck. Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

try reinstalling it manually but know up front that in the past for Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, radio station mods have always worked funky, sometimes they work like a charm other times nadda

• 4 weeks later...

So, I'm new to getting into mods, played FO4 on PS4 when it came out, but just bought the PC version on Steam sale a few weeks ago and started playing again. I have NMM and have used it, and have FO4Edit and have started to learn how to use it. Is this post still relevant, I've read that both LOOT and Wrye aren't so useful any longer?

I think I have 30 or 40 mods I've pulled down, and haven't had any problems with them as is (paid attention to their directions as far as the few that stressed load order). Should I bother with making a merge patch? And final question, does making a merge file help work against the upper limit of plug-ins allowed (which I am not sure of, but think it's 255?)?

follow the guide, you NEED to do LOOT and Wrye also along with FO4Edit - it explains exactly why in the guide and more importantly, what they do

no bashed or merged patch = problems with your game from the very start, PERIOD.

Also, a Bashed patch is VERY different from a merged patch, you need to understand this ( at least in the way you were referencing )

Yes you can use a merged patch to by pass the 255 mod limit, but honestly, most machines won't even get you close to 255. I have a rig that can play FO4 on ultra, with that said when I play Fallout New Vegas i can run 181 mods with this rig, at 182 or above, instant CTD every single time. My old rig was only 138.

• 2 weeks later...

Tested everything still mods not working ?

2 Times GAME new installed

All *.ini files edited for modding

Tested With all your Programms LOOT FO4edit

Basch usw

Is there something coruppted with new Fallout Version that no mods WORKING ?

not sure when was the last update because my steam version was last updated with the last patch and it's working fine, just tested it to make sure

how are you installing mods? with NMM?

what exactly is it doing that makes you say it's not working?

Is CLOUD turned off in STEAM? - This is a major problem for all new modders, they don't turn it off and they edit the INI's so they can use mods, then CLOUD goes back and restores original versions of those edited INI's LOL :tongue:

Also, how are you starting the game? Some people have made the mistake of never starting the game with the vanilla launcher - You MUST do this at least once because it sets certain files and options to be flagged on

Edited by gromulos

I have done modding for fo4 before with over 50 mods running, but after reinstalling NMM mods don't work. Manual installations work, but I can't manually install some due to inexperience.

I can't get NMM to install textures, ba2 files, meshes etc. It only installs some esp. files

-I reinstalled NMM (deleted all folders in all locations including mod data in "my games")
-I have turned off steam cloud
-I set up my .ini files with the latest archive invalidation method leaving "sResourceDataDirsFinal=" blank
-I ran FO4 with the steam launcher once (all that way into a fresh save)
-I tried running NMM as an administrator
-I'm using the recommended FO4 script extender

I tried fresh installations of FO4 multiple times and I'm tired of starting over.

What could I be missing that is preventing NMM form installing mods?

I'm running tests to get one or two mods to install: pip boy textures mod and simple animation mod with no luck
Mod links below
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/449/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17216/?

I'm so tired of this I'm near giving up completely. Thanks

• 1 month later...