More realistic gore/decap, is it possible?

billypnats

I'm a little bit tired of seeing people get their heads and limbs sliced clean off by a tiny bullet like its been just with a blade in FO4 and FO3. Wondering if it would possible for modders to change it to something maybe a bit more messier when the CK comes out. Thoughts?

I agree, it sorta takes away from the feel of bigger or explosive weapons when basic small arms are akin to a chainsaw attack

Maybe something where body parts can switch over to gibbed versions, but stay attached?

I remember headshotting a ghoul where due to random chance its body landed neck-first next to a large chunk of its own head gibs. The impression it gave was that the head was still attached, but caved in.

Looked pretty cool.

I was looking for a way to have something like the more realisitc ragdoll force combined with less to no chance of targets just going "sloosh".

Something like this mods configurability... but a bit different.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56980/?

Actually, it would be perfect to have the decapitation depend on calibre, damage done and type of damage:

- regular rounds should never cause a full "sploosh" - not even with the perk.

- exploding rounds may cause single body parts to go sploosh

- rockets make bodies go sploosh if direct hit happened

- flamers ignite.

- plasma gooes

- laser dusts

- Cutting melee weapons decapitate

Something just a bit less... silly. I know, it's a game. But I really do like to immerse myself into the cruel and harsh world and just keep the dark humor and bitterness. ^^