Lock-down feedback

Akrid

I think there should be somthing called "your last word's" or "eulogy" or "say your prayer's" Or somthing where the topic starter can add one last message to a locked thread, the thread is still locked. This would be useful when threads are locked due to being bad :halloween: or the subject seeming answered, the topic starter could say his/her piece. Also people who veiw the locked threads will know how it ended, if nicely :) or in flames :angry2:

^_^, Personally, I don't think that would be a good idea... Because if a thread got locked for a bad reason, the poster would lose control in the heat of the moment, and probably flame the moderators... Meaning they would probably end up getting a strike placed upon them, which im sure no one really wants. So for the protection of the poster, im going to say BAD IDEA! :P

Well yes I thought of that, but Maybe it could be sent to a approval awaiting list, and the moderators could veiw them before their put out, there, so then any flaming would be no diffrent than a PM that they would ignore, thus problem solved. :) Also if it was locked for somthing really bad :ranting: then They can choose to not allow last words..

Threads are usually locked for a good reason - usually to prevent flames, necromancy or SPAM.

If you disagree with a locking decision you can always petition an admin to unlock it again.

If a poster wanted to offer an apology for their behaviour in a locked thread, I'm sure a PM to a moderator or admin would see that apology added in.

If, however, a poster is only looking for an opportunity to get in a parting shot it's probably best that they are not given such an opportunity.

Well then maybe the topic starter could at least add a face, like EX;

MOD LOCKED because you dumb ha ha ha

Topic starter response; :bye:

I don't mean to create extra work, it's just a idea.

No, not at all, it's like added to the site, it's not a new post. Like maybe next to the locked button, there could be a TSresp; (topic starter respone) then the :mellow:

While I can appreciate your thinking, I get the feeling this will be moved to the "Nice Try But... No Cigar" file.

:rip:

[CONFIDENTIAL TO MODS:]

OOO! OOOOO!! Let ME say it???

Thread... locked.

oh... oh... oh yeah... that felt GOOD...

[/patty&selma]

Well before any of that happens, I'll say my eulogy. Ahem... I Acrid am understanding why this post must be closed, therfore I shall not object, though I hope my idea floats in your heads, and has floatlets of new idea's related to my suggestion, then you go crazy and do actually follow up on one. Thank you.

* oh and.... Lock Topic, unless you have somthing to add, but you probaly don't because I was the only one to voach for this idea.

Archived