Can't Change Hair Bug?

AtlasGraham

Hey everyone, I have and issue that I haven't seemed to be able to fix too. Whenever I go into the character creation and try to change my hair, I... well, can't. This isn't a "changes don't save" issue, I literally can't change my hair. You know how the hair styles are labeled 1 2 3 4 5 etc? Well, mine has that, and then it keeps going.... and going.... and going... basically, where normally the game registers 5 or 6 hairs, mine says I have thousands upon thousands of them, and if you go far enough you reach 0, and it repeats until the slider reaches the end.

None of these thousands of selections actually have any selections to them; my hair remains the exact same as it was when I first made my character--and I don't have this problem when I start a new game! It's only when I try to change it mid play through that it craps out on me. Does this have to do with RaceMenu? This isn't a problem unique to this play through, so any help on resolving it would be appreciated.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

It seems like someone posts on this thread with this problem every year or so,. Now here I am with the same problem, and maybe a fix. It worked for me, anyway.

Open the Race Menu, either with the Face Sculptor, or mod (I have used "Face Sculpting In a Book" and "Proteus"), console command, or whatever you choose.

Then go to Race and select your race.

This then allowed me to access all the hair styles, eye colors, etc. It also re-set all my Skills to the new character racial-base level and allowed/forced me to level up Legendary Skills.

I hope this helps someone who finds this thread in the months or years to come.