witcher 3 in 2 years?

At flotsam near the hanging site, a couple of scientists ask geralt if he would participate in some kind of medical experiment.

they claim that in about a year or two they will return to see the results of such experiment and to pay geralt a juicy reward.

And thats it. Is this some hint on the next witcher game release? I hope so!

There was a similar encounter in Witcher 1 but I forget how long the characters said the experiment would last. I don't think it's anything more than a gag. I don't recall the experiment having any further meaning. Maybe if I'd still had my old Witcher saves?

I hope so too but DA2 was made in 2 years and look what happened to that :down:

BTW, I didn't take the scientist's offer to experiment on me.

If you accept to do the experiment then...nothing happens. The two guys just keep hanging around the library at nonhuman district and you dont get to talk with them any more. Thas why I think they really are talking about next witcher release

I think the witcher series have the advantage of a really cool engine, and the fact that scripts should be a lot easier to create since its based on an already written story (in fact i guess they should have an almost finished script for TW3). and last but not least...CD PROJEKT owns bioware!!

I have a feeling we will have The Witcher 3 in the next few years, the ending of this one makes sure of it :)

Yeah, and i hope they include Yennefer as a major character :smile:

I'd assume that any fixes they make to the core mechanics and/or UI with patches in the next little while will be carried over to the next game, they'd have to be colossally stupid not to, so I'm not really concerned about that.

I hadn't thought of this being a hint towards 3. I took them up on their offer. :P I doubt the devs would be so evil as to go "you know how in the beginning of the last game you accepted those guys offer? Well the potions sucked, now you're nerfed!" or anything like that. Will probably be another free source of orens, like the guy who gives you stuff from Thaler, or the guy with Vivaldi's bank in Vergen.

ETA: I do think the next game will take much less time than the gap between TW1 and 2, since they no doubt spent a lot of time on the engine that time, which they don't have to do again. It's a good engine, no reason to stop using it until it begins showing it's age. They also seem to have the plot generally set up, going by the ending. but I must say the number of VASTLY different states you can leave the world in has me a bit concerned, it seems like a lot to juggle. I mean, whole new kingdoms can appear on the map, the fate of Saskia, the council of mages, Henselt... whether you got Iorveth and Roche to play nice or not. :P

Edited by Raye

With the interest that CDProjekt takes in it's fan base I don't think they would be stupid enough to NOT produce a third (and who knows maybe a 4th and 5th) game, and as has already been pointed out, the basic story outline has already been written for them. The only thing that I could see holding back a release of a third installment within the next couple of years would be a sudden leap forward in technology that would require them to start a new engine from scratch. That said, new technology costs, and in these days of recession most people can't afford to get ultra high end rigs, so creating a game that would require those sort of specs would be counter productive, as the vast majority of the fan base wouldn't meet the minimum specs, therefore sales would be marginal at best. They (CDProjekt) have a winner here and I feel certain that they'll capitalise on this success.