Witcher 2 won't even begin installation

I have not seen this problem posted on any of the forums regarding installing the game. I just purchased the premium edition and upon clicking Setup.exe, I receive the following error referencing IE8...

Error Code: -5006 : 0x80070005

Error Information:

>SetupNew\setup.cpp (597)

PAPP:The Witcher 2

PVENDOR:CD Projekt Red (http://www.thewitcher.com)

PGUID:F0A209B7-7F85-4BDD-8F1F-B98EEAD9E04B

$17.0.717

@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600)

IE Version: 8.0.6001.18702

The launcher stops there and I can proceed no further. Thanks in advance for any help.

BBBBBBB--------Go Bruins--------BBBBBBBB

Could it be something to do with downloading DLC?

Reverend,

I am installing from the actual DVD's. I loved Witcher 1 and I so want to play this but...anyways....

BBBBBBB-------Go Bruins-------BBBBBBB

I have not seen this problem posted on any of the forums regarding installing the game. I just purchased the premium edition and upon clicking Setup.exe, I receive the following error referencing IE8...

Error Code: -5006 : 0x80070005

Error Information:

>SetupNew\setup.cpp (597)

PAPP:The Witcher 2

PVENDOR:CD Projekt Red (http://www.thewitcher.com)

PGUID:F0A209B7-7F85-4BDD-8F1F-B98EEAD9E04B

$17.0.717

@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600)

IE Version: 8.0.6001.18702

The launcher stops there and I can proceed no further. Thanks in advance for any help.

BBBBBBB--------Go Bruins--------BBBBBBBB

Are you using an account that ha administrator privileges and also temporarily disabling antivirus while installing the game .

tommy, I am the administrator on this PC and my antivirus is turned off. Amazingly, the Witcher forums are down..gee, I wonder why. LOL.

Have you tried copying all files from the DVD`s to your hard drive and then running the setup exe from the copied folder .

yeah the forums went offline 4 days before the game released....bad move in my opinion...buuut if all goes according to plan they should be back up sometime next week .

Edited by tommy5761

tommy, I am the administrator on this PC and my antivirus is turned off. Amazingly, the Witcher forums are down..gee, I wonder why. LOL.

Have you tried copying all files from the DVD`s to your hard drive and then running the setup exe from the copied folder .

yeah the forums went offline 4 days before the game released....bad move in my opinion...buuut if all goes according to plan they should be back up sometime next week .

Thanks tommy for reading and replying. Yes, I have tried this option. Same result. Is the launcher trying to intiate a session with IE and failing, thus causing the error? Weird stuff.

If you have not yet resolved this problem, please contact our support address [email protected].

tommy, that's a great idea. CDPREDteam, as of this posting the issue is not resolved and an email has been sent with the above error code and my system info. I will repost what the resolution is if found. Thanks all!!!