Notifications from mods broken?

Hoamaii

Sorry to post that topic again but it's getting a little bit annoying :confused: and I never got a satisfying answer about that.

I (again) no longer receive notifications for new comments on my mods (on Nexusmods/Skyrim) to my email account - nor ANY notifications at all from Nexusmods/Skyrim for that matter.

Checked again the Preference tab and the 'yes' to 'receive notifications for comments on your files, images and (can't remember the 3rd one)' is still properly showing. Right above it in the preference tab is 'receive notifications for new comments on files you're tracking' - that's the only one set to a 'no' in my preferences (could they get mixed up somehow?). All others are 'yes' - NONE of them generate an emal notification obviously.

Notifications from forums work, not those from mods pages. For some other members, it's the other way around apparently.

Both are set up exactly the same in my anti-virus, firewall, Internet Options, etc. Why should they behave differently?

I understand we cannot expect everything to work 100% as intended, especially when you're simultaneously redesigning the website, but that one is particularily annoying. It forces me to regularily hand check each one of my mods for new comments, that really doesn't make it easy to properly manage my files, does it?..

Isn't there anything to do to make it work again?

Thanks.

• 6 months later...

I too have the problem and always have had it but now as I launched my first mod, I pretty much need to be checking on it constantly. Funny, I do get notifications for PMs. I've checked and rechecked settings and everything is checked appropriately.

• 2 years later...

I tried that several times and it never worked for me (IE or Firefox or Google). The only solution I've found is to log in NexusMods regularily and check the "Update" tab.

Oh, ok - my initial post from 2016 was about notifications sent from the Nexus to my personal email - that had been a long time feature on NexusMods similar to the Forums' one, and a very useful feature too.

So what you're saying, Mike, is this feature has been entirely removed when you guys redesigned the UI?

I don't remember that being ever mentioned in the related News. Kind of a shame though, 'cause it used to be way more reliable and explicit than the Update tab.

What I mean is if user "X123" leaves 5 comments on one of my mods' page, Updates tab will always display the same message: "X123 commented on your file Such&Such" for each of the 5 different comments. That makes it very easy to disregard one notification when you've already replied. Whereas emails were giving you the full content of each comment (like the Forums do), which made it way more simple to keep track of new comments or replies. Any chance that feature may be implemented again? That'd be great!

PS. Not sure that's what GitHub's linked issue was about, Updates tab or Email notifications.