Open Community  ·  287 members

Stardew Valley

Mod Suggestions.

hannibal223

(Mind you, I know little to nothing about modding...) I don't quite know if this was suggested already, but I think changing the sheep sprites into Alpacas would be spectacular....for those who would prefer those over sheep.

- Also, maybe some realistic crop textures.

- Having the Solarian Chronicles be a playable game in your own farmer's home. It's a written script with different paths to different endings. (Just like with Sebastian) You can choose who you'd like to play with and the game would start.

Well that's it. Yup.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am so hoping for a clothes changing mod. I was the only belle at the flower ball in her overalls. :confused:

I know you can do the "wizard change", but it would be nice if we could get an instant clothes changing mod. And perhaps add some dresses in to it? Because while I love rockin my overalls, I would also like to occasionally (note flower dance and wedding) wear a dress. Just sayin.

Edited by Failisse

I was hoping for a "Marry Anyone" mod. During the intro when ur introduced to Robin, I was like "That women is gonna be my wife! :wub: " Then I had to find out that she was married! Then I was like, "Ok then, fine! :mad: How about Caroline? My favorite color is green, and she has green hair. This could work!" Then nope, she's also married! :wallbash:

Basically, I want a mod that allows you to marry ANY villager, and if they are married, they will divorce their partner to marry you. Here is what I believe could be done to make this happen:

1. First and foremost, every villager would have to be added to the marriage list, for obvious reasons.
  2. Dialogue and cutscenes would have to be added to the now eligible candidates. Priority would be on the dialogue side, were the cutscenes would have to be for later as they are more complicated.
  3. Married life could be in the beginning copied from one or two of the original candidates, in terms of schedule and the lot. More original married life would also be done later.
  4. As far as children are concerned, I would keep it to the normal two from vanilla, more children would be a seperate mod.
  5. On a lower priority, the spouse that was divorced (assuming there was one) should lose friendship with the player (maybe even to the bottom at 0) and maybe even angry comments to you. Of course an eventual cutscene for the divorce could even be a thing too.

Now this is just if you wanna marry ONE person who you could marry before, I would only hope for a polygamy mod AFTER a mod like this shows up first to lay the groundwork. Besides, a polygamy mod would probably require said modder to modify the player home to be able to fit multiple npcs with very varying schedules, good luck with that.

So if someone would make this "Marry Anyone" mod, I would be eternally grateful. :laugh: Also if someone has already done this, please link me to it.

I was hoping that someone might make a clipboard/checklist menu which acts the same as the journal. I could open it up, write a line of text to remind me to get 300 for a barn and when i have completed it, be able to delete it with a sinlge button. If anyone was willing to make that I would be very grateful :smile:

I haven't been able to find a mod like this, but if someone has, let me know.

The grass in this game, that you chop with the scythe to get hay, is terrible. Mostly because of the rate it respawns at. If you have a massive field connected to your barn and coop, your animals will literally annihilate your grass within a few days.

Normally this isn't a problem, since I have the no relationship decay on from one of CJB's mods (not entirely sure if it applies to animal hearts) and their happiness doesn't decay even if they don't have grass, but grass makes them happy. A mod that slows down the animals rate of consumption (if you have 24 animals in the same field it's absurd) and speeds up the rate of grass growth Significantly would help many ranchers. Especially people who are playing without cheats, and need a reliable source of hay. Basically, the goal is to be able to have a field that can support 24 (max) animals feeding off of it daily, so we don't have to constantly waste money on grass starters and placing them down over and over.

I have 3 suggestions for mods for this game.

1 - Mod the greenhouse so that you can plant trees inside it again! (pre patch 1.07) I can't be the only person that would like to see this. An addition to this mod could be to account for the loss of fruit on the trees on the left side of the greenhouse. It is annoying to only be able to harvest fruit from these trees every other day!

2 - A mod that increases the rate that ore shows up in the rivers. 25 hours since I got the copper pan and I've only seen this happen 3 times, having this occur more often would be nice.

3 - Similar to number 2, a rate increase for the train passing through Stardew Valley. Also, an increase in time allotted to get to the train station once the event is under way would be nice as well.

As I said, I can't be the only person who would like to see these mods added for Stardew Valley. Unfortunately since I'm not savvy with modding this makes it a waiting game for me.

Edited by MillenniumX17

Hello!

I'm rather new at this, but I have a problem that kinda bugs me and my experience with such topics are rather limited -

You see, I was wondering if there's a possibility that someone could give the scythe an "iridium facelift"?

It's bugging me to have all my tools, BUT the special snowflake scythe at iridium colour (even my sword is purple, galaxy sword)

I don't really care much for any upgrades to it's usage or efficiency, I simply want it to not stick so much out from the rest of my tools!

Thanks a bunch for your time reading this, and I sincerely hope someone more talented people than I can bring me what I desire in this regard.

- Sincerely Tobias A, Denmark.

PS. I'm well aware that what I'm requesting is probably more so a retexture than a direct modification of gameplay, but I hope my request will be taken seriously despite this - I wouldn't know where else to go, if not here.

Edited by tobiasandersen95