Stardew Valley

Mod Suggestions.

hannibal223

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been wondering why there aren't any mods that I could build a pen for my own pet dog. Like a farm building or something.

It makes me kinda sad on rainy days to see my dog just sleeping on a poor plank floor under the rain.

Just a some kind of shelter would be enough, so my dog wouldn't have to sleep and get wet at the same time. :'(

Is it just impossible to make or has nobody really thought of this?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

This might be counter productive but I think a mod that makes talking to villagers cost energy would be neat. Different villagers could have different costs OR a better relationship with a villager could make talking to them cost less. And possibly your spouse could replenish a little energy by talking to them.

• 4 months later...

I would LOVE if somebody can create a mod/compatibility patch between (Pathoschild) "Automate": https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1063 and (paradigmnomad) "PPJA-ARTISAN VALLEY": https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1926. Those two mods awesome alone but together they would be a Fordism dream.

(Sorry for my terrible english, i am not a native speaker)
PS: Kudos to both mod authors for their mods.

• 3 weeks later...

I was hoping to learn how to make my own mod as I mod some games like 7 days to die skyrim and kenshi. the thing is they are pretty easy to mod. for 7 days to die notepad ++ makes this pretty easy to mod and as for Kenshi and skyrim they have built in modding tool for making mods witch is AWESOME I think every game should come with one.

anyway I just wanted to do a few simple things.

1>Greenhouse: size upgrade. simply increasing the size of the interior of the greenhouse.

2>Greenhouse: Sprinkler system to be built in the greenhouse maybe making use of relationships with both robin and Maru to make this happen Maru would create the plan and Robbin would install it for you. this would allow a sprinkler system to be in the greenhouse without actually needing to place physical sprinklers on the ground taking up a few spaces.

3>Greenhouse: adding multiple levels to it such as lower levels that can also have farming and sprinkler systems installed as well as being able to have multiple levels down like a basement and subbasement and however many I want to add. probably 1 for each season because I like being organized like that or maybe 1 for each crop I want to grow in it who knows just the ability to add as many floors to the greenhouse as I want and still have sprinkler systems work for each of them and of course sunlamps on the lower levels after all they are underground and still need some form of sunlight.

4>Greenhouse: being able to use any of the lower levels of the greenhouse as cellar for barrels and such as well as being able to make a mushroom farm in the lower levels of the greenhouse kinda acting like the cave that you can have robins husband turn into a fruit bat cave or mushroom cave. instead it will be a larger area and have a higher chance of producing mushrooms. for this you simply wouldn't install sunlamps or sprinkler system to that floor/level this might make people prefer bat cave over mushroom cave since this gives them mushrooms at a higher yield rate and it would be hard to make since of bats getting in and out of your greenhouse.

5>Cave: upgrade the small cave that in on your farm that can be turned into a fruit bat cave or a mushroom cave making it larger to maybe even equivalent to the greenhouse area as far as spawning area goes allowing it to also have a higher chance to yield useful stuff weather you choose fruit or mushrooms.

6>Greenhouse: making bees work in the greenhouse.

7>Scarecrow: upgrade to the scarecrows not only for them to be better at repelling crows but also making them double as lightning rods to prevent protected crops from being struck by lightning.

8>Scarecrow: upgrade to The scarecrows to combine sprinklers with them so the scarecrow will double as a sprinkler.

9>Sprinkler: upgrade sprinkler, a new sprinkler with the same range as a scarecrow. also compatible with combining the two.

10>compatibility: the ability for all these things to be compatible with each other so in the end you can have a super scarecrow that protects crops not only from crows but lightning as well and waters all the surrounding crops as well. the crafting recipes would be simple, just combine a scarecrow with a sprinkler and it will gain the ability to water crops in the proper spaces for that sprinkler. same with the the recipe for combining a lightning rod with a scarecrow to make the scarecrow protect crops from lightning also producing a battery in the process. though it only makes 1 battery per strike/harvest it will protect the crops from an unlimited number of strikes. to make a scarecrow that does all three simply combine either the watering scarecrow with a lightning rod or a lightning rod scarecrow with a sprinkler as well as the alternative crafting recipe to use a sprinkler scarecrow and lightning rod together as a 3 ingredient recipe to craft the new scarecrow rather than needing to craft a watering scarecrow and combine it with a lightning rod or a lightning rod scarecrow combined with a sprinkler you could simply use a sprinkler scarecrow and lighting rod to make the same thing.

11>Alternatively, rather than making a special scarecrow recipe it might just be easier to allow the player to simply place these 3 objects in the same space so overlapping each other like you can put a sprinkler on a stone path. you could simply make it so you can place a scarecrow on top of a sprinkler or sprinkler on top of a scarecrow and likewise with the lightning rod so you can have all 3 objects in the same square.

I would still like to see one special scarecrow recipe so that you can combine the new sprinkler (the one with the same range as a scarecrow) with a scarecrow as well as combining a lightning rod with them so this would basically add

11.1>a new sprinkler with same range as a scarecrow

11.2>3 new scarecrows types, 1, a scarecrow that also waters crops. 2, a scarecrow that protects crops from lightning strikes. 3, a scarecrow that does all 3 jobs in one as the previous scarecrows as well as it's original job of protecting from crows.

I realize all of this might be too much for most people to want to have so the mod probably wouldn't get used by many people but that's why I was hoping to learn how to do it myself since the demand for such a mod would probably be low there is a lower chance someone would be willing to cram in the time to actually make it if it's only going to be used by me and maybe a small handful of people but this is what I was hoping to find here.

I know there is a 15x15 greenhouse mod I seen that but what I'm looking for is so much more than that however that is what I'll be using for the time being.

as for everything else I don't know of anything like it especially combining them together.

also learning to make my own mod would hopefully mean I wouldn't have to download that smapi thing or whatever it is. this is why I prefer to make my own mods usually because I don't like to need to download a bunch of other programs to make it work.

7 days to die has a similar program that is required for a lot of mods but I choose to make my own for 7 days to die so I don't need to download such a program.

I prefer standalone mods that don't require other programs to work.

Edited by Sukotto82

it would be great if there's mod for statistic or detailed log like about how much every goods we produced, how much goods we gathered, how much we stored, how much we sell/shipping, Produced Value, Stored Value, Sold Value, Profit Value in detailed table in-game.

Roughly layout Request-Mod-Farm-Statistic-Suite.jpg

Edited by Vestrelys

• 4 months later...

I'd like to see some more crops added. Here are just some ideas.

-cherry tomatoes

-purple potatoes

-white potatoes

-Prairie/tea/wild rose

-huckleberry

-tayberry

-siberian iris (winter crop)

-white carrot

-yellow carrot

-purple carrot

-yellow radish

-Asian pine tree (produces pine nuts)

-snow pea

-sugar snap pea

-yardlong bean

-Japanese eggplant (white eggplant)

-yellow potatoes

-red potatoes

-beefstake tomatoes

-heirloom tomato (either streaky red and purple or plain purple)

-Roma tomato

-cumin

yellow watermelon

-a pepper that has multiple colour variants (yellow, orange, red, green, and purple)

-banana pepper

-butter lettuce

-salal berry

-black raspberry

-macadamia tree

-pistachio tree

-Oil palm (tree) can put into truffle oil maker to get palm oil

-finger millet

-wild rice (like rice shoots, grows faster near water)

-Brewer's lentil (brown large)

-Green lentil or French lentil

-red lentil

-white kidney bean

-orca bean

-claytonia (Miner's lettuce)

-spearmint

-wintermint

-Mazuna lettuce

-elephant garlic

-concord grape

-seedless/green grape

-watercress

-yellow plum tree

-lemon mint

-catnip

-dill

-blue poppy

-cedar tree (tap to produce cedar oil)

Edit to preserve jar

-olives placed in preserve jar produces jarred olives instead of picked olives

-oranges and lemons placed in preserve jar produce marmalade

-red pepper placed in preserve jar creates pimentos

-citrus rind/peel (produced by drying rack) into preserve jar should produce candied ___ peel

New crafting machines

Chutney jar (takes grapes, mango, peach, any fruit + vinegar + sugar and makes chutney)

-chutney jar also takes raisin or tomato + any nut + sugar and makes mincemeat

Apples and pumpkins put into butter churn should produce apple/pumpkin butter

Wooden jar - takes any fruit and makes jam or takes takes any veg and makes relish

New recipes (vegan/vegetarian edition)

-the modded yogurt maker should accept coconuts, all nuts (except peanuts?), rice, and soy beans to make dairy-free yogurts

-new cooking recipes for vegans/vegetarians: 2 soy beans = tofu, tofu + chive or onion + soy sauce = agedashi tofu, 1 tofu + 1 sugar = inari (bean curd), riceflour (milled rice? ground rice?) + seaweed = rice crackers

-sweet chili tofu - tofu + red chili pepper + sugar

-sweet and sour tofu - tofu + vinegar (any) + sugar

-braised tofu - tofu + oil + peppercorn + soy sauce

-stuffed bean curd - inari + bok choy or gai lan + soy sauce

-new recipe: egg substitute (1 wheat flour + 1 yeast) which can be used in recipes to make vegan cake, vegan chocolate cake, vegan banana bread, etc without eggs

-beet burger: 1 beet + 2 soy bean + 1 vegetable (any)

-mushroom burger: 2 of (any mushroom except red) + pepper (any) + peppercorn

-black bean burger: 1 pepper (any type) + 3 black beans + peppercorn

-veggie burger: 1 pepper (any type) + mushroom (any?) + 2 soybean + chickpea (or any bean?)

-black bean sweet potato burger: 3 black beans + 1 sweet potato or yam + peppercorn

-inari maki - seaweed + milled rice + inari

-vegetable sushi - seaweed + milled rice + cucumber + avocado

-yam tempura - yam/sweet potato + oil + flour

-yam tempura roll - yam tempura + seaweed + milled rice

-chickpea curry - onion + oil + 3 chickpeas + coconut milk (or coconut?)

-cauliflower curry - onion + oil + cauliflower + coconut milk (or coconut?)

Misc New Recipes

-adjusted salsa recipes (More Recipes mod uses only one type of pepper, I think we should be able to use red pepper, green chili, habanero, jalapeno, and a few others)

-putting tea leaves into the keg for aging produces puerh bricks

-mango salsa (above + mango)

-chili oil (putting red chili pepper, green chili pepper, jalapeno pepper, or habanero pepper into oil/truffle oil machine produces chili oil

-adjusted chili recipes - use any of them modded bean varieties (black, kidney, pinto, etc)

-Mushroom Neptune - mushroom + goat cheese

-spinach pie - flour + oil + 2x spinach or winter spinach + garlic + cheese

New decorations: Animal/nature lover edition (buy from catalogue or travelling merchant?)

-hummingbird feeder

-suet feeder

-bird feeder

-squirrel house

-turtle pond (like row pond but with basking rocks/logs, does not produce anything)

-bird house

-bat house

-potted flowering current (big hit for hummingbirds and butterflies)

-wild bee hive (does not produce honey)

-potted butterfly bush (no water needed)

-potted milkweed (no water needed)

-bird bath

-koi pond (about the size of roe ponds but does not produce anything, decorative only)

-snowberry bush (one of the main food sources for birds overwintering in Can/USA in North America)

Edited by arbutusridge