A Better Armed Diamond City Security

CyrusAmell

As usual, Bethesda has armed the closest thing in one of their games to a security force with what amounts to level 1 equipment despite the prevalence of enemies in the surrounding areas with weapons that outclass them and in numbers that could overrun the guards.

In this case, the problem lies in Diamond City - the largest and wealthiest settlement in the Commonwealth when the player comes onto the scene. However, Diamond City Security is armed with nothing but pipe weapons and baseball bats despite the fact that they constantly skirmish (and die) against Super Mutants. While I think pipe weapons look cool in a sort of cobbled together version of the U.S. Grease Gun or the British Sten, I frankly believe Diamond City should arm its protectors better.

So I was wondering if anyone was willing and able to alter the armament of Diamond City Security and key members such as Danny Sullivan so they have weapons that will at-least give raiders pause. Things like submachine guns, combat rifles, combat shotguns and maybe even assault rifles with some decent mods would perhaps be more fitting for the task at hand. As it is I can't see why the Gunners don't just ransack the place like they did to Quincy given how pathetic the city's current weaponry is.

The baseball bats are fine, the guards look good when posing with them.

Edited by CyrusAmell

`

openactorcontainer 1

Well, that is all well and good that my character can give these guys good weapons but I was hoping for something a little more immersive. I would also be worried about the guards re-spawning and losing the weapons I gave them, although I am unsure of such possible elements.