Turn New Vegas's Power Armour into Fallout 4's Power Armour

Fenryr3001

I plan to start a BoS playthrough for New Vegas soon (at least as much as it is possible in New Vegas) and after having played Fallout 4 I find NV's Power Armour to be quite lackluster (although Power Armour sadly was one of the only things I preferred in FO4 over NV),and I was wondering what mods would make me able to reproduce the PA system in 4 in NV.

Powered Power Armour (http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/37983/?) is a no brainer.

The T-60 Armour mod (http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/60645/?) is already on my list.

And I am willing to try out Immersive Power Armour as well (http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/61299/?).

Any other other suggestions for the list?

I plan to start a BoS playthrough for New Vegas soon (at least as much as it is possible in New Vegas) and after having played Fallout 4 I find NV's Power Armour to be quite lackluster (although Power Armour sadly was one of the only things I preferred in FO4 over NV),and I was wondering what mods would make me able to reproduce the PA system in 4 in NV.

Yeah, I do like FO4's PA.

I'm afraid I don't have any good suggestions for FO4 style PA. I do believe that most of the aspects of FO4 PA is already existing and do-able in FONV, sans the number of body slots (although we have some misc ones that can be re-assigned) and the actual PA animations (both on the armor/model and the player/npc entering the PA). So I don't think it's out of the question that at some point in the future we will have a version as polished as FO4's (or close to it).

But I wanted to post in re: to your statement of a BOS playthrough. I thought it was an interesting idea as well, and had started a thread for just such an alternate playthrough, here (Dawn of Steel-The Rise of the Mojave Brotherhood). Primarily I'm looking for help in creating a solid plot line for a BOS faction play through and ending. Any help would be appreciated.

if you message me i can port the mesh and textures of the power armor over just tell me what your preference in armor is and i will do my best! :wink:

Weird, so this is the third thread I'v seen (don't know how many others there are) where you'v been courting the ban hammer. As explained by madmongo in this thread, where you specifically inquired about using fallout 4 assets in FONV (and were told it's against Bethesda's copyright & nexus policy), and this thread, where you were told the same by Nonoodles and I.

What's with the pathological need to get your account canned?

Gopher's "Advance Recon Thermal Nightvision" offers some additional vision modes that I think do a good job of filling the role of some of F4's head options (though be warned, from what others have told me you'll have to choose between ARTN and Flashlight NVSE, if you were hoping to use that one - Flashlight NVSE has headlamps for P.A. too). http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/38328/?

Also, though I'd expect it to be on your short list of mods anyway, Project Nevada has some vision enhancement options for Power Armour. Not as robust as ARTN's, but what it lacks in fancy tactical computers, it makes up for in being compatible with most things, and generally cool as hell. In theory, the available version of PPA is compatible, but some settings on one or the other may still need to be tweaked to make them play nice and not step on one-another's toes. Been playing light armour characters lately, so I haven't really tested recently. For an alternative tactical computer, you could pick up the "Tactics Link" perk from Power Armor Perks; http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/46142/?

You might also consider the infamous JSawyer mod, which has extensive fixes and rebalancing to power armour, including fundamentally changing how Power Armour Training works. It is no longer required, but instead makes Power Armour better...meaning that when you know how to use it, it carries its own weight, making it effectively weightless. Or if you want to tweak the armour without all the other baggage JSawyer carries along, consider Power Armour Overhaul the "light version" of all that. Still rebalances stats, still makes PAs weightless when worn, but effects no other aspects of the game: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/59399/?

Not sure if any of that is quite what you're looking for, but hopefully it helps!

Edited by Kefke_Wren

• 11 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

maybe using a mesh file from hellfire armor by zantetzou and rig it, since only hellfire has a bigger wider body but it would take some time if anyone would do it, i dont know if his mesh files are a port from Fo3 or a custom one?

A little late, but a couple of points;

The hellfire armor is already rigged.

IIRC Zantetzou's esp just pointed to the model in the FO3's bsa, because the mesh isn't in FONV's archives. I don't really know how strictly nexus policy adheres to that anymore since we see a lot of TTW mods and FO3 only stuff on FONV's nexus and the staff doesn't take them down. So I guess they may not be an issue anymore. If one of the moderators has clarification on this issue I'd love to hear it (there's a lot of FO3 only and TTW stuff I'd like to contribute.

And yeah, the hellfire armor is pretty cool, but there is (was?) a remake of the fallout 2 armor that was a new, original model. It looks a lot like the X-01 armor. I didn't find it in a quick search though :(

A bunch of the FO4 PA's are already done and out there for FONV, you just have to know where to look. They're fully functional minus the whole "jump into your frame and animation commences" deal, I just did some texture tweaks and use my pip-boy readius. I can't link them here, but I've had fun using them in my game since I started playing again recently.

Google will lead you down the rabbit hole. The search is definitely worth it once you find it.

• 2 months later...