Settlement guards with weapons equipped

Valkeryn33

• 4 months later...

Yeah THIS has to be fixed ASAP. Technically it is easy, in theory. Fidn the proper animation for Guard Post, remove it and add the animation that the Goodneighbour or Diamond City guards use when they 'stand guard'.Trick is finding the damned thing. Still trying to do this myself, but so far no luck.

Any success?

• 9 months later...

I think visible weapons were originally intended by Bethesda because the guard marker is equipped with a weapon.

But then they noticed that this pose didn't fit short guns or melee weapons and then decided not to use a weapon at all.

The Goodneighbor-Guards don't "stand guard", they walk around with their weapons drawn.

For a mod you would not only need a single new animation, but one for each weapon type. You would have to take everything from the knife to the minigun into account, because you cannot know which weapon your settler, who is assigned as a guard, uses. Then you would have to implement it so that one marker can have different animations.

Edited by markusm1000

• 1 month later...

Yeah THIS has to be fixed ASAP. Technically it is easy, in theory. Fidn the proper animation for Guard Post, remove it and add the animation that the Goodneighbour or Diamond City guards use when they 'stand guard'.Trick is finding the damned thing. Still trying to do this myself, but so far no luck.

constructible guards from nexus mods

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I wanted all of my settlement guards to have weapons drawn, even if they clip the guard posts. I found this thread then this mod that works well for me:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/55208
Weapons in the hands of the guards
by prostoorc
Last updated
24 October 2021 7:19AM
"The guards are holding weapons in their hands."