Why are all the picture frames and empty or torn when posters and signs survive?

tgisel111

I think from the forums there must have been some replacer mods before, but I can't find them now. Basically, I find it immersion breaking that so many posters and signs made through the war and all of the paintings were destroyed. Similar to http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/18035/ but more lore friendly. I found the meshes that go with the frames, but don't know anything about image manipulation (or have the software) to replace them. If knows where to find a mod like this I would greatly appreciate it.

edit:

no disresepct to red6 intended, it is a good mod, just doesn't fit in my game

Edited by tgisel111

Part of the issue is there is close to 200 paintings in the FO3 world, but only 4 actual frames used. I think there might be 2 pictures per mesh frame, but even with 8 unique "paintings" you can see the possible issue with things getting very repetitive. Imagine seeing the Mona Lisa in almost every single building you enter. I have made custom paintings in the mod I work on and it is fairly easy to make happen individually. The issue is finding enough images you want to or can put into the world and making it work in a way that you do not see the same paintings over and over which would be just as annoying. It is a good idea, but could be time consuming to mod depending on how far you wanted to take it.