Partial solution: Take All Unequipped

ThoraldGM

I've only done some low level edits. Stuff like changing on screen text for button presses to match my F4SE custom keybinding and found that when I edit in the middle (Experimental) script window I would always CTD when opening the menu.

I wish I had more to offer on this one but I don't. :blush:

Well, I took a shot at this. And I've come to the conclusion that I hate Flash. Even more than I already did.

Just be glad this is using actionscript 3, earlier versions were so much worse.

Anyway, I haven't used JPEXS before sorry. All my previous actionscript work was with Flash Develop and mostly just writing code up on notepad until it was time to compile.

The big question here is whether the Bethesda .swf files include anything other than the .fla code. One of the ways flash works is that you've got the code often linked directly to pictures, movie files and other visual GUI items that can be created in a developing environment. You can create all these things yourself from the code but it's not always done that way.

It looks to me like all the Bethesda .swf files just use code directly to create the things that they need but I'm not sure. It could cause problems if there's anything else included in the .swf and we're compiling from the code files only. It's hard to tell when half the code is hidden inside the Fallout 4 files and I'm using tools I'm not familiar with the decompile the rest but Chucksteel's managed to successfully compile code edits though so I suspect we're okay.

P.S. Sorry to be quiet for the last two days, things have been crazy IRL and then one of my mod pages got really active chewing up my Fallout 4 free-time.

No worries. I'm not all that invested in this project anyway, just thought I'd give it a whirl. I -almost- wonder if it would be easier to do in Papyrus... :tongue:

I've worked with actionscript before and only learned Papyrus in the last week or two and I'd still rather do it in Papyrus.

Edited by PoliteRaider

Not that this is really helpful but you can see that I was able to compile the script with JPEXS.

SouthPaw UI

Well it is pretty helpful to know for sure that it works. I'm just downloading JPEXS now to see if I can have any luck getting this to work and maybe see if I can get Reneer's code working.