Partial solution: Take All Unequipped

ThoraldGM

Oh thankyou, I'm downloading it now.

And whoops, I didn't read the code quite right there. I thought it was pointing to the player, not the reference to the companion that's assigned to the player. Thanks.

No problem! The remote code stuff was a little confusing for me at first, so I just wanted to chime in so that you didn't have to fight against it like I did.

Just so you all know, I ran into a major bug / glitch that I can't seem to figure out and it doesn't look like there is an easy solution.

As you may have noticed in my script, OnItemEquipped / OnItemUnequipped both provide Base Object Forms and Objectreferences. The Objectreferences, however, are pretty much always null / empty.

The mod successfully detects forms, but in the case of weapons, two very different guns can have the same base FormID. And since there is no way to get the actual Objectreference of the gun, but only the base form, I can't determine which gun to give the companion back.

So it might be that the best method for this is still modifying the interface files. :/

Edited by Reneer

Just so you all know, I ran into a major bug / glitch that I can't seem to figure out and it doesn't look like there is an easy solution.

As you may have noticed in my script, OnItemEquipped / OnItemUnequipped both provide Base Object Forms and Objectreferences. The Objectreferences, however, are pretty much always null / empty.

The mod successfully detects forms, but in the case of weapons, two very different guns can have the same base FormID. And since there is no way to get the actual Objectreference of the gun, but only the base form, I can't determine which gun to give the companion back.

So it might be that the best method for this is still modifying the interface files. :/

Ah, that's frustrating. I've tried to think of any ways around this, but I've been reading the information on how Skyrim tracked inventory objects and the scripting here is seriously lacking in basic essentials. You're already using a work-around here and if it's not getting the Objectreferences then I can't see how we can make this work.

I guess I'd better take another look at these .swf files. It looks like those are (indirectly) calling on the base code rather than scripting, so they do seem to have a bit more access to inventory manipulation. I just have to try to guess how the other invisible half is working in the background. Deciphering these .swf files is like hearing one side of a phone conversation and trying to figure out what the other side is saying.

Some interesting ideas being discussed here.

IMO, the cleanest solution here is to work with the interface files, especially since they're already able to tell which items are equipped. Papyrus just doesn't give you the ability to identify the currently equipped pieces on actors. The closest you can get is getting the Weapon reference with Actor.GetEquippedWeapon(). No way to get equipped armor, etc. without registering for and recording every item being equipped. My mod, Outfit Switcher, relies on users "recording" their loadout by choosing to create a loadout then equipping whatever they want equipped in that loadout.

The right-pane on JXEPS shows AVM2 bytecode. I've worked with AVM2 bytecode way too much over the years (did you know Flash USED to be popular?) that I'm reluctant to touch it again.

https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/actionscript/articles/avm2overview.pdf is Adobe's official reference document for the ActionScript Virtual Machine 2 - you might find it useful as a reference.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Came here to start working on a FO76 mod to fix this problem with inventory management/scrapping ... still haven't found any good platforms to start from.

Necro, and I'm sorry about that, but THIS should have been a default option in game.

Did anyone ever figure this out and upload a mod for it, because holy hell.

Thanks, and again, sorry for the Super Necro.