Skywind is coming to Nexus Mods

SirSalami

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge thank you to the Skywind team :)

I will be looking forward to this huge expansion made by modders.

Even after all these years I still play Morrowind and i really love it. Bethesda nailed Morrowind perfectly(it still does have its flaws but its awesome).

I hope when The Elder Scrolls VI comes out they will follow the journal(quest log) of Morrowind but make it tad better. I liked that most quests in Morrowind did not give you a quest marker or you had to quess the location by yourself or you had to read the quest journal a ton of times in order to find what you need to do.

Yet another mod that's going to be ruined by terrible amateur voice acting. There are few things that can kill immersion in an otherwise sublime RPG like finding yourself suddenly listening to stilted and overacted lines recorded by some guy in his basement. (And it's even worse when they try to do accents.)

I'm really disappointed because I was looking forward to playing this until now. For the life of me I have never been able to figure out how this happens, but for some reason a lot of modders and mod teams really can't listen to their own voice acting objectively and realize how atrocious it is.

Edited by gx240

In response to post #35668982.

gx240 wrote: Yet another mod that's going to be ruined by terrible amateur voice acting. There are few things that can kill immersion in an otherwise sublime RPG like finding yourself suddenly listening to stilted and overacted lines recorded by some guy in his basement. (And it's even worse when they try to do accents.)

I'm really disappointed because I was looking forward to playing this until now. For the life of me I have never been able to figure out how this happens, but for some reason a lot of modders and mod teams really can't listen to their own voice acting objectively and realize how atrocious it is.

It's not easy finding professional voice actors that will work for free. Skywind does still have a certain standard for quality, though, that you seemed to have overlooked. Sure, not every single voice is going to win an award, but most of it sounds pretty damn good regardless.

Besides, it's not like the TESRenewal team woke up one day and thought to themselves "Man, we better make this perfect for gx240", and it's stupid to say this entire thing sucks because of one comparatively small aspect that isn't perfect.

In response to post #35668982. #35669217 is also a reply to the same post.

gx240 wrote: Yet another mod that's going to be ruined by terrible amateur voice acting. There are few things that can kill immersion in an otherwise sublime RPG like finding yourself suddenly listening to stilted and overacted lines recorded by some guy in his basement. (And it's even worse when they try to do accents.)

SikSikSikki wrote: It's not easy finding professional voice actors that will work for free. Skywind does still have a certain standard for quality, though, that you seemed to have overlooked. Sure, not every single voice is going to win an award, but most of it sounds pretty damn good regardless.

Besides, it's not like the TESRenewal team woke up one day and thought to themselves "Man, we better make this perfect for gx240", and it's stupid to say this entire thing sucks because of one comparatively small aspect that isn't perfect.

ruined huh

guess you couldn't possibly turn off the voices or replace the files with blanks yourself