In Fallout you can get skins for cigarettes and etc? But why not smoke them??

Someone should make a mod for smoking, not just an animation!

Make it so you can take 1 cigarette every time you smoke, 20 in a pack? Addictive? Gives you +1 Luck and intelligence for 10 min?

A smoking interface where you have to get a lighter to lite the cigarette and left click to hit and right click to throw away also, the cigarette burns? Damages you health (very little) option not to hurt you?

That's not all but thanks for reading this! I would love to see this happen please kik me (Tankster2002 is my kik) if you want some ideas or anything like that!

I have so much ideas for mods in fallout 4!

Funny as it sounds, it actually makes perfect sense lol. Smoking for many people can heighten focus (kind of like stroking ones beard or a girl playing with a lock of her hair), acting as a trigger to 'get in the zone', in addition to both past and modern day writers and artists using 'drugs' and such for art & music inspiration, you have various ancient/tribal traditions of using the act to commune with spirits and/or get in touch with self via a range of smoked and ingested plants, not just tobacco (think Mama Murphy and 'the sight'). I know for myself personally it gives this effect; I roll my own organic tobacco cigs with hemp papers (never touched a commercial 'death stick' in my life) to have a smoke at night when I go out to feed the dogs. Makes for a good nightly ritual while looking at the stars and I always have very interesting and inspiring trains of thought come of it. Between that and smoking Cannabis, I've had a lot of amazing breakthroughs in thought (I call it Highlosophizing lol). Inspiration for my design work and writing/poetry/song lyrics, ideas relating to various topics such as physics, self-actualization, engineering, whatever. Hell I've even made up new words on a few occassions lol.

I've actually thought of a similar idea and think it would make for a good mod, including not just cigarettes but Cannabis (joints), tobacco pipes, and other related entheogens/hallucinagens (Fallout needs shrooms and LSD! Lol). Would definitely make for an interesting addition to the use of chems in the Fallout universe. I also noticed one mod author mentioned possibly porting over the Skyrim Cannabis growing mod which would lend itself to this idea, though for the life of me I can't remember who it was (posted in the comments on a mod I downloaded).

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8732/?

Edited by PhoenixKnight13

So are we now just going to give the player intelligence boosts for any and every thing they can do that 'relaxes' them?

Might as well just throw that SPECIAL stat right out the window then if we are going to go that rout. Oh! You smoked a cigarette, now you are totally qualified to tell me about the effects of atmospheric pressure on the rocket that I am launching at the Institute. I know I have spent my entire life studying this stuff, but you smoked a cigarette, so I am totally going to back down and listen let you make all the decisions.

I am modding back in a lot of intelligence checks for my murder mystery and other quests, and this does not seem to be compatible with any of my ideas...

It's not about relaxing... tobacco has a chemical effect on the body just like coffee, alcohol, or any other drug. Given the lack of a 'wisdom' stat, luck and/or int would be the next closest things, not sure why you're getting defensive about it? Just because it's in another mod doesn't mean it has to affect yours... It's just a hypothetical idea.

Speaking of "smoking" I wonder if there will be a weed mod once a smoking mod becomes available. There was one made for Skyrim, so why not Fallout 4.

EDIT: Oh, and there's the mod I was just talking about posted above, lol.

Edited by Mythos214

Speaking of "smoking" I wonder if there will be a weed mod once a smoking mod becomes available. There was one made for Skyrim, so why not Fallout 4.

EDIT: Oh, and there's the mod I was just talking about posted above, lol.

Lol yep, I've been hoping someone would port it over after seeing it mentioned.

Make this mod yourself. In Fo4edit add a new item to the consumables directory. Give it effects like the other chems do, attach the smoking idle animation to the consumption animation.

Unfortunately I don't think it's that simple though. I'm not exactly sure on how it works, but it's the same reason you don't see any weapon mods out there yet with custom animations, basically there is no way to assign those animations to the item yet.

Edited by Mythos214

Make this mod yourself. In Fo4edit add a new item to the consumables directory. Give it effects like the other chems do, attach the smoking idle animation to the consumption animation.

Unfortunately I don't think it's that simple though. I'm not exactly sure on how it works, but it's the same reason you don't see any weapon mods out there yet with custom animations, basically there is no way to assign those animations to the item yet.

There *is* a way, though I don't know it personally. The Revolvers Overhaul mod is the best example that comes to mind, the author of that might know how to help. Registrator2000 might also know, as he's taken some of the vanilla animations and other functions and successfully utilized them for mods.

Some useful bits here - https://www.reddit.com/r/FalloutMods/comments/3x5n0i/idle_animation_for_smoking/?

I'd actually be interested in figuring out the FO4Edit bits if anyone wants to help, as it pertains to the quest arc project I'm working on. Feel free to send me a PM.