The Revolvers Overhaul mod is the best example that comes to mind, the author of that might know how to help.

Lmao! Speak of the devil...

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3983/?

Update -

Ok, so I figured out a halfway working setup here using the smoking mod plus this one for equippable bare hands...

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4653/?

Hotkeying the bare hands weapon allows you to start smoking without having to tab into your PipBoy, unfortunately you still have to tab out to unequip it to stop smoking as it temporarily 'breaks' the ability to use your favorites keys. Also, I seem to have an issue with this breaking my character permanently lol. I can't get out of smoke mode no matter how I equip/unequip my weapon, far as the 'equip while sneaking' thing mentioned in the description. Once I start smoking the cig is permanently stuck and my camera/hotkeys are broken until I reload a save made prior to starting.

Going to take some additional work to make this function smoothly.

Least I can still light up IRL lol.

Edited by PhoenixKnight13

The Revolvers Overhaul mod is the best example that comes to mind, the author of that might know how to help.

Lmao! Speak of the devil...

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3983/?

Update -

Ok, so I figured out a halfway working setup here using the smoking mod plus this one for equippable bare hands...

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4653/?

Hotkeying the bare hands weapon allows you to start smoking without having to tab into your PipBoy, unfortunately you still have to tab out to unequip it to stop smoking as it temporarily 'breaks' the ability to use your favorites keys. Also, I seem to have an issue with this breaking my character permanently lol. I can't get out of smoke mode no matter how I equip/unequip my weapon, far as the 'equip while sneaking' thing the mentioned in the description. Once I start smoking the cig is permanently stuck and my camera/hotkeys are broken until I reload a save made prior to starting.

Going to take some additional work to make this function smoothly.

Least I can still light up IRL lol.

I guess this is only true for new animations, a smoking mod would just recycle vanilla ones and use them on the player, and that's something I know is possible. You would probably have to write some kind of "simple" script to get things working properly, or basically to keep them from breaking your character. Something that I know is already possible without the GECK, at least to some degree, since I've already seen a few mods out there with scripts.

For the f***ing love of... turns out it's as simple as a damn console command to do this! Lol

"Nope, not a mod just a good old fashioned command for the smoking, 'player.caf animflavorsmoking' starts the animation, 'player.caf' ends it again." from Evermarch in the posts of his Fallon's Clean 4k-2k Suits mod.

I'm guessing given this info, turning it into a chem item you can hotkey would be rather easy... at the very least you can turn it into an AHK script. Plus the console command doesn't break your camera/movement etc like the other mod did.

If it's that simple, why isn't this a thing yet? It should be a thing already.. :tongue:

lol right? I'm working on the AHK script... the main problem initially was getting the console to open. I was finally able to figure that part out so it now opens and closes the console properly and sends commands.

Edit - Ok, toggle function works fine and I got the enter key working so it actually sends the string. The only issue still remaining is again the inconsistency. It seems to randomly send different parts of the activation string, so "player.caf animflavorsmoking" results in only parts of that showing up in console, never sending the full command. I tried breaking it up into two lines with delays, but getting the same results. I've gotten numerous results of failed animflavors due to the player.caf part not making it into the sent string.

Edit part Deux - I changed it up a bit, switching to the move script shenanigans at the top for recognizing Fallout and such. Seems to have fixed the inconsistency issue. Updated code below, now the result is repeatedly "mflavorsmoking" being sent instead of "player.caf animflavorsmoking", while the off switch sends "player.caf" properly.

Here's what I have currently if anyone has an idea of how to get the full string working...

#SingleInstance Force

#Persistent

#IfWinActive ahk_class Fallout4

#UseHook

F8::

If (On){

SetKeyDelay, 0,40

sleep, 500

send {`` down}

sleep, 20

send {`` up}

sleep, 50

sendInput, player.caf

sendEvent, {Enter}

sleep, 500

send {`` down}

sleep, 20

send {`` up}

sleep, 50

On := False

} Else {

SetKeyDelay, 0,40

sleep, 500

send {`` down}

sleep, 20

send {`` up}

sleep, 50

sendInput, player.caf animflavorsmoking

sendEvent, {Enter}

sleep, 500

send {`` down}

sleep, 20

send {`` up}

sleep, 50

On := True

}

Return

Ok, I got the AHK script working now. It's a bit clunky to watch given the delays/sleeps involved, but it works GDI lol. Use F8 to toggle smoking on/off, blamo done.

#SingleInstance Force
#Persistent
#IfWinActive ahk_class Fallout4
#UseHook

F8::
If (On){
SetKeyDelay, 0,40
sleep, 500
send {`` down}
sleep, 20
send {`` up}
sleep, 50