Making Modified Helm

I don't think so, and don't know how much help I can offer in this case where I have never had the same problem, added to the fact that I can't test my own excel processer ( me bein overseas and all), but can't you use a convertor? I just quickly googled ".xlsx .xls" and found a buch of links to convertors. I got the idea since I have often used .docx to .doc convertors...

Success!but I cant find it where do they usually save to after running the processor?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so, and don't know how much help I can offer in this case where I have never had the same problem, added to the fact that I can't test my own excel processer ( me bein overseas and all), but can't you use a convertor? I just quickly googled ".xlsx .xls" and found a buch of links to convertors. I got the idea since I have often used .docx to .doc convertors...

Success!but I cant find it where do they usually save to after running the processor?

It saves it to the folder where the original .xls file was - so if you have the file xxx.xls saved to your desktop and pull it to the excel processor in an open window, it should create xxx.GDA on your desktop

And in case you think that all this is a lot of work, think that this is the hardest part. When you have done this modified mod you are not too far to know how to make your own custom armors made from scratch - provided that you have any interest in that of course

Edited by amycus

IIt saves it to the folder where the original .xls file was - so if you have the file xxx.xls saved to your desktop and pull it to the excel processor in an open window, it should create xxx.GDA on your desktop

And in case you think that all this is a lot of work, think that this is the hardest part. When you have done this modified mod you are not too far to know how to make your own custom armors made from scratch - provided that you have any interest in that of course

Well it definitely gives you more appreciation for the work modders put in and I've wanted to learn how to do this for a long time so Im extremely happy i've even gotten this far but I wouldnt have gotten past "cut skins,unwrap UVW and edit normals" without you ahh wheres the hug emoticon when ya need it??

EDIT: This is really strange no matter where I run the processor or where them xls is im not getting a gda??Imk getting the success message but no gda??

Is it possible to add my item to an existing GDA from another mod with GDA app or similar?

Edited by DarthDudo

IIt saves it to the folder where the original .xls file was - so if you have the file xxx.xls saved to your desktop and pull it to the excel processor in an open window, it should create xxx.GDA on your desktop

Well it definitely gives you more appreciation for the work modders put in and I've wanted to learn how to do this for a long time so Im extremely happy i've even gotten this far but I wouldnt have gotten past "cut skins,unwrap UVW and edit normals" without you ahh wheres the hug emoticon when ya need it??

EDIT: This is really strange no matter where I run the processor or where them xls is im not getting a gda??Imk getting the success message but no gda??

Keep your pants on :P

And you obviosly want to finish what you have started before considering anything else, but just in case you ever want to - This tutorial pretty much covers everything else you need to know to make your own custom armor:

http://www.3dtotal.com/ffa/tutorials/max/joanofarc/joanmenu.php

Just remember that you can save a lot of time on the skinning process by just copy paste the "skin" modifier from an existing vanilla mesh.

Just shamelessly throwing it out there to you and any other who might be reading this thread. This game seriously deserves more custom armor in my opinion.

Just shamelessly throwing it out there to you and any other who might be reading this thread. This game seriously deserves more custom armor in my opinion.

Are the armour files from DA2 usable in Origins?I know ive seen one or 2 that where based on those resources?

Are the armour files from DA2 usable in Origins?I know ive seen one or 2 that where based on those resources?

They are definitable usuable in origins - I've actually put in a few of those myself:

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x367/amycus_89/helm.jpg?t=1303641476

Helmet of the fallen from DA2 in DA:O

There was however another converter/extractor needed to do that - don't remember its name (and I will again say - your ears are probably on their way to fall off now - that I don't have access to my main computer, so I can't check it). I just remember that i downloaded it from biowares forum. Maybe you can google it, or maybe someone else who knows about it here on the forum can pinpoint you - you could always start a new topic in the "mod discussion" section and ask about it.

Edited by amycus

There was however another converter/extractor needed to do that - don't remember its name (and I will again say - your ears are probably on their way to fall off now - that I don't have access to my main computer, so I can't check it). I just remember that i downloaded it from biowares forum. Maybe you can google it, or maybe someone else who knows about it here on the forum can pinpoint you - you could always start a new topic in the "mod discussion" section and ask about it.

I think I know the one your referring to but its only usable on 32-bit machines might be wrong on that one maybe it was something else im thinking of??

Still no luck creating a GDA can I use any gda and edit the fields manually with GDA app?

Edited by DarthDudo

I think I know the one your referring to but its only usable on 32-bit machines might be wrong on that one maybe it was something else im thinking of??

Still no luck creating a GDA can I use any gda and edit the fields manually with GDA app?

My main computer is a 64-bit, so it should work.

What'sthe problem with the GDA? Can you still not create a .XLS? Does it give you an errorsign? Does it just process without ever doing anything? Does it just process to do nothing? Not sure If you can edit the fields normally, never had to do it myself so I've no experience with it. Will see if I can find any old topic with a similar problem. Otherwise someone else reading this topic might know something,

Edit: If you still have trouble wih it, can you send me the XLS? I can't convert it for previous stated reasons myself, but I might still be able to see if there is anything wrong with it. I don't think that I will be able to look at it until the day after tomorrow though, a the moment I'm just using a cheap old laptop that doesn't even have the office package

2nd: Edit: JUst looked through the description for GDApp. Like I said, have never had to use it myself, but it certainly sounds like it could be used.

Edited by amycus

No I got .xls I ran it in the processor got a success message but no gda have done this ten times now at least and ive searched my entire computer but alas no gda been having a go trying to edit an existing gda but theres so many fields :wallbash:

Edit:Thanks for the offer how could I send it to you?

Edited by DarthDudo

No I got .xls I ran it in the processor got a success message but no gda have done this ten times now at least and ive searched my entire computer but alas no gda been having a go trying to edit an existing gda but theres so many fields :wallbash:

Edit:Thanks for the offer how could I send it to you?

If you upload your .xls file to mediafire or any similar site you can just send me the download link. Like I said though, it might take a few days before I can actually take a look at it.

Otherwise, I hav never bothered to check after that file specifically, but when you extracted the mod's .erf file, didn't you get a GDA file then? That one shuld be easier to modify.

If nothing else, you can try and send me a screenshot of the GDA you are currently trying to modify, and I will see if I can make some sense of it.

EDIT: One thing, assuming that it is the converter that did something wrong, you can also create XLS with google docks - and maybe I can import it there too. Will check it if you upload it later.

Edited by amycus