Making Modified Helm

No I got .xls I ran it in the processor got a success message but no gda have done this ten times now at least and ive searched my entire computer but alas no gda been having a go trying to edit an existing gda but theres so many fields :wallbash:

Edit:Thanks for the offer how could I send it to you?

If you upload your .xls file to mediafire or any similar site you can just send me the download link. Like I said though, it might take a few days before I can actually take a look at it.

Otherwise, I hav never bothered to check after that file specifically, but when you extracted the mod's .erf file, didn't you get a GDA file then? That one shuld be easier to modify.

If nothing else, you can try and send me a screenshot of the GDA you are currently trying to modify, and I will see if I can make some sense of it.

EDIT: One thing, assuming that it is the converter that did something wrong, you can also create XLS with google docks - and maybe I can import it there too. Will check it if you upload it later.

No i just went through the mod there and I couldnt find any gda's only erf's and the manifest.xml?

Well ive created two xls files now one a converted xlsx and the other an xls made from open office both files have the same effect so I dont think the converter is at fault here ill set up a mediafire account now and send you a link to my xls so you can see if i did anything wrong

EDIT: I managed to get the processor to create a gda but when i open it the one field in it simply says invalid?

Edited by DarthDudo

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No I got .xls I ran it in the processor got a success message but no gda have done this ten times now at least and ive searched my entire computer but alas no gda been having a go trying to edit an existing gda but theres so many fields :wallbash:

If you upload your .xls file to mediafire or any similar site you can just send me the download link. Like I said though, it might take a few days before I can actually take a look at it.

Otherwise, I hav never bothered to check after that file specifically, but when you extracted the mod's .erf file, didn't you get a GDA file then? That one shuld be easier to modify.

If nothing else, you can try and send me a screenshot of the GDA you are currently trying to modify, and I will see if I can make some sense of it.

EDIT: One thing, assuming that it is the converter that did something wrong, you can also create XLS with google docks - and maybe I can import it there too. Will check it if you upload it later.

No i just went through the mod there and I couldnt find any gda's only erf's and the manifest.xml?

Well ive created two xls files now one a converted xlsx and the other an xls made from open office both files have the same effect so I dont think the converter is at fault here ill set up a mediafire account now and send you a link to my xls so you can see if i did anything wrong

One alternative is also if you upload a gda file too that I can tinker with in the GDApp. Uploading unedited game content is usually not allowed in the forum, but an alone GDA file can't really be used to much - especially so if you have already changed some of it. If you are worried about the legal issues, just try to change most of it to whatever gibberish you can come up with, and tell me the file name used on your files already exported.

I know how frustrating it is when you are so close and yet so far - I was once in the same situation when I couldn't get the skin modifier to work properly in-game. Oh, and I see now that you can add files as attachments in your replies, as long as they are below 250K

Edited by amycus

One alternative is also if you upload a gda file too that I can tinker with in the GDApp. Uploading unedited game content is usually not allowed in the forum, but an alone GDA file can't really be used to much - especially so if you have already changed some of it. If you are worried about the legal issues, just try to change most of it to whatever gibberish you can come up with, and tell me the file name used on your files already exported.

I know how frustrating it is when you are so close and yet so far - I was once in the same situation when I couldn't get the skin modifier to work properly in-game. Oh, and I see now that you can add files as attachments in your replies, as long as they are below 250K

Tried uploading both my xls and the gda i created with the excel processor but it wouldnt let me upload either??

Ok im going to set up that mediafire account now i really dont know why these gda's are coming out invalid??

xls

http://www.mediafire.com/?9wmswmaasngcaw2

Invalid GDA

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9wmswmaasngcaw2/book1.xls

Edited by DarthDudo

Tried uploading both my xls and the gda i created with the excel processor but it wouldnt let me upload either??

Ok im going to set up that mediafire account now i really dont know why these gda's are coming out invalid??

xls

http://www.mediafire.com/?9wmswmaasngcaw2

Invalid GDA

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9wmswmaasngcaw2/book1.xls

One thing I notice is that you have named it as just "book1.xls", it should have the same name as he original you took it from with the addition of "_underworld" for example as explained in the first video I posted. I don't think that should affect how Excelprocessor should read it though. Still looking through it, will add more information as time goes on.

Okay, firstly you have uploaded the same .xls file 2 times, there is no gda file. Secondly, in the .xls file you did send, there were some errors that I've corrected here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?1qasl7b6wbqmku7

Don't think that it should make the Exelprocessor work differently though, but you should still take a look at it. Plese try to send a gda file too

Edited by amycus

Maybe I'm the one who misunderstood the problem, but as far as I can see it, it worked like a charm by using GDApp. Have exported it afterwards as a .xls to see if it worked, and yes, it looks exactly like the updated .XLS file i sent you. Only difference is that I changed the "_uw" to "_sonja", since that seems to be what you wanted to use (and is less likely to already have been used).:'

http://www.mediafire.com/?ukga4dga0pj5qx2

Put that one together with all the other files you exported and the .dds files you extracted, and you should be ready to put them in the toolset by following the last part of the first movie I showed you.

Thanks for the edited xls and I did upload a gda but i tink i put the link down wrong

http://www.mediafire.com/?iirnmqhtv9q83la

That should do it

Ok converted your xls and it isnt invalid opened up the toolset and i can see my armor but its invisble??

You can see your armor but it's invisible? I assume that you mean you see the the item variation "MYSONJA", but not the mesh itself in the prview window?

Are you sure that you named it correctly? Can you give me the name of your .mao and .msh files?

OH!! One more thing, did you make this for anything else but a human male? Because that's the deafult I think. Basically the toolset is initially set to show the male human version first, and if you don't have any mesh file of the human male one that the GDA is guiding to, it simply won't have anything to show.

I have so far only made human male ones, but when I looked for the layout on the item creator, I think I saw something like choosing race and gender on the end of the page. So simply try to scroll down and choose the race and gender combination you made the item for.

Edited by amycus

Yes I can see the name MYSONJA but not the armour in the render window both the mao and msh are named SNJA1 do i need to rename them? I created this for human female but I tried changing the race and gender box but nothing changed?? Edited by DarthDudo

Yes I can see the name MYSONJA but not the armour in the render window both the mao and msh are named SNJA1 do i need to rename them? I created this for human female but I tried changing the race and gender box but nothing changed??

No, that they are named the same should be okay, that's what I usually do....

You sure that you didn't zoom in too much? The controls on the toolset can be a bit clunky, and if you tried to zoom even just a little when you first didn't see anything, and only then changed to female...

Just making sure, the name of the msh, mao (and so on) files are named "hf_hlh_snja1a_0"?

EDIT: If you have at any point changed a name AFTER exporting it you have done somethign wrong. As is explained in one of the videos, the files contain internal references to eachother. If you wish to change a name the easiest way to do so corrcetly is to go back to 3ds max, rename them there and export it again.

Edited by amycus

Yes I can see the name MYSONJA but not the armour in the render window both the mao and msh are named SNJA1 do i need to rename them? I created this for human female but I tried changing the race and gender box but nothing changed??

No, that they are named the same should be okay, that's what I usually do....

You sure that you didn't zoom in too much? The controls on the toolset can be a bit clunky, and if you tried to zoom even just a little when you first didn't see anything, and only then changed to female...

Just making sure, the name of the msh, mao (and so on) files are named "hf_hlh_snja1a_0"?

yea all the files are the same name i didnt touch the render window so i couldnt have zoomed out anyway ive checked three times now and nothing is it a problem with mesh?