npc texture issues

jeremieg

​hey i'm having a texture bug on settlers and companions where their texture becomes very messed up whenever i fast travel or enter/exit indoor areas. It comes back to normal after I unequip or equip anything on them. does anyone knows what is causing this and how to fix?

I attached some exa​mples below.

So I'm still having this bug. just wasted all my days off trying to fix it, i'm about to give up on this game.

Anyway I just found out that if I load my game with no mods installed, then save. And load my game again with the mods the issue seems to be gone. Except now I lost all my settlements which I spent probably over 75 hours building and I'm just not going to play the game anymore if I have to sacrifice that. So is there a way to save my game file without mods and then import my old settlements with the mods?

Can't see what's going on clearly enough because of the small size of the pics, but if you mean that certain textures become blurry and/or soupy, that seems to be due to Bethesda switching to a streaming system to render textures instead of a direct rendition. Is part of the 1.4 patch.

Never had the issue of "losing all my settlements" due to loading a game without my mods...

Its because I made the settlements with mods, so it disapeares when I load the game without the mods.

In the pictures you can see Pipers texture is all messed up, its extremely low quality and it has a bit of a purple/pink shade to it. Altough like i said earlier, if I unequip or equip anything on her she comes back to normal, until I fast travel or load indoor area. this only happens to female companions and settlers.

I finaly figured it out. its the pool party mod which adds craftable pools of water. I can play with the mod activated without having texture issues as long as I dont have any pools of water set up in any settlement.. Once I place those pools of water in any settlement I start having those texture issues. (even if i'm on the other corner of the commonwealth) pretty wierd

So I dont have to lose all my settlements, just the pools of water.

I finaly figured it out. its the pool party mod which adds craftable pools of water. I can play with the mod activated without having texture issues as long as I dont have any pools of water set up in any settlement.. Once I place those pools of water in any settlement I start having those texture issues. (even if i'm on the other corner of the commonwealth) pretty wierd

So I dont have to lose all my settlements, just the pools of water.

Thanks for the heads-up Jeremieg ;)