CTD (possible ram problem)

awolcabbage

I've recently been having a very persistent problem. Namely, I downloaded and installed 10 or 20 mods, most of them textures and other graphics modifications, loaded skyrim, and had no problems. Then, I proceeded to install gameplay mods, and found that when I traveled to certain areas (ex. around the standing stones near Helgen, or, even more problematic, the solitude docks, I'd experience a crash to desktop. I tried uninstalling a couple of graphics mods, and the CTD's stopped occurring, but, a couple of mods later, they began again. I'm really quite frustrated by this issue. I assume that the problem is VRAM usage, but I'm running a MSI Radeon R9 390 with 8 GBs of VRAM, and, from what I've witnessed, Skyrim CTDs when just below 3 GBs. I've installed enboost, and ssme, but I still find myself unable to load GPU intensive exteriors. Again, I'm really frustrated by this issue, and would appreciate any responses or suggestions.

PS: FYI, I'm using win 10. I though this might be important, because I found that some people had had issues with mods and win 10 in the past.

You might wanna use Skse with shelton's memory boost and other plugins for it.

Look at some tutorial's on how to add the ini's

Also use LOOT for your load order, and use Wrye bash for bash patches/ merging mods.

Graphics arn't always that intensive on a decent pc, nor will they make the 'skyrim experience' so much better on their own. Mods like custom animations, Custom facegen, custom followers with custom armors, some combat/ creature mods and stuff that add things instead of building on existing content etc is much more script heavy/ pc intensive.

Edited by laiilaiiheii