Corrupt Saves - StrCount > 0xFFFF - CTD on load

bcsp

First, if this has been answered, I didn't see it and I apologize. If need be I'll start a new topic, but I thought this was in the general area.

I have the opposite problem with my corrupted saves. The game's been fairly stable for awhile, I installed a mod 3 weeks ago and no problems until last night. I play almost daily. My saves are getting corrupted. Based on the OP I checked them with TESV ESS Editor, expecting to get an overload of strings. Instead, strings=0, scripts=0, etc. The size of the corrupted saves are less than half the latest one I can load.

I save frequently, but get rid of older saved periodically. I currently have 52 saves, ESS files. 9 are corrupted, and do not have matching SKSE files.

I double-checked LOOT and found nothing. No new messages and no new sort order. I turned on Papyrus, but nothing jumped out and hit me over the head - which it would have to do because I really don't understand what I'm looking at.

Thanks for any help you can give me. BTW, I use Mod Organizer.

Now my saves seem to be fine. I think the problem was the Solstheim-->Skyrim travel. My good save was in the mountains of Solstheim rather than a named location. I tried to fast travel from there. I arrived in Windhelm as normal, not realizing my saves were buggered up. I went back to that save, fast traveled to Raven Rock and then to Skyrim (after taking care of a pesky ash spawn or two). My saves since then seem to be fine. I'm chalking it up to one of those beloved Skyrim umm quirks. For the record, I'm pretty sure I've done fast travel from various locations in Skyrim to Raven Rock, lots of them, even.

Edited by Norstaera

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have SKSE Plugin Preloader and crush fix v12, and I have string / teble bugs, and this despite the fact that since the Crush Fix v8 version it is written that the restriction of 65535 cells has been removed. What is wrong - I’m not asking anyone how to fight (without reducing the number of quest mods) with string / table bugs, everyone is sent here to the Crush Fix & Preloader sections, but I’m already 2 years old and through someone else’s assembly of Skyrim came with the 12th version "in the box"), and no effect. I always use Mod Organizer. Now it is version 1.3.15, and I check the excess of the number of lines above 65535 in saving in Falrim`s ReSaver v 3.0.3 - 4.0.1

60b46043928b86e0cf938eae06e9eaba.jpg

And yet, no matter how much I played, I have never seen at least some new entries in the * .txt file CrashFixPluginLog.txt

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Nd-vEmNYiRshfR10mtIFUawPWwX_ACpn - my crashed saves (which was in the picture above)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...