What am I doing wrong? (Everything) SetMaterial, Finding Actors and other woes.

Synthorange

Yes. potentially.

I actually haven't* done much stuff in tactical, so just have the screenlistener class set to none, and in the OnInit do `Log(Screen); to catch which one it is, then match it to that. Does that make sense?

Edited by zingfharn

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never needed to re-import my upks when working on them before. Modbuddy just links to the file and any changes come through fine without relinking.

Changing the skins or meshes to an asset from the basegame works fine. Placing the model in manually in the map works fine. Swapping my custom meshes and material with SetSkeletalMesh /setmaterial is not! Ugh.

http://i.imgur.com/HO8FsT5.jpg

Ugh. The small rangers are placed in the Armory map. The larger ranger is invisible after I told the actor to swap its mesh to the new ranger models. It has no problem taking base game stuff. I've gotten it to turn into a sectopod, bradford, etc but anything in my custom upk doesnt work, DESPITE THE MODELS BEING RIGHT THERE.

Also I am breaking something important somehow. The game breaks after loading/starting a new game once. That first go is fine, but reloading/returning to the Avenger will break the game, no matter if I load a pristine-modless save-game or not. Only by disabling the Skyranger_Skinner class will it work, but then whats the point.

This is really frustrating.

Okay here's the last bugs, the bugreport:

Analyzing...
			C:\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2 SDK\Development\Src\AwesomeSkyranger\Classes\Skyranger_Customizer.uc(135) : Warning, ImportText (): Property import failed for RangerSkins in: SR_Mesh
			C:\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2 SDK\Development\Src\AwesomeSkyranger\Classes\Skyranger_Customizer.uc(146) : Warning, ImportText (): Property import failed for RangerSkins in: SR_Mesh
			Scripts successfully compiled - saving package 'C:\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2 SDK\binaries\Win64\..\..\XComGame\Script\AwesomeSkyranger.u'

And here's the definitions:

RangerSkins(0)={(
		SkinName="Default Skyranger",
		SR_Mesh= SkeletalMesh'SkyRanger_ANIM.Meshes.SM_SkyRanger',
		Mat_Zero= MaterialInstanceConstant'Skyranger.Materials.Skyranger_Hull_MATINST', 
		Mat_Hull = MaterialInstanceConstant'Skyranger.Materials.Skyranger_Hull_MATINST',
		Mat_Glass = MaterialInstanceConstant'Skyranger.Materials.Skyranger_Glass_MATINST',
		Mat_Interior = MaterialInstanceConstant'Skyranger.Materials.Skyranger_InteriorWall_MATINST',
		Mat_Engine = MaterialInstanceConstant'Skyranger.Materials.Skyranger_Engines_MATINST',
		Mat_Landing = MaterialInstanceConstant'Skyranger.Materials.Skyranger_LandingGear_MATINST'
		)}

RangerSkins(1)={(
		SkinName="Saints Ranger",
		SR_Mesh= SkeletalMesh'SO_RangerSkins.Meshes.SO_PurpRanger',
		Mat_Hull = MaterialInstanceConstant'SO_RangerSkins.Materials.MAT_PurpHull',
		Mat_Glass = MaterialInstanceConstant'Skyranger.Materials.Skyranger_Glass_MATINST',
		Mat_Interior = MaterialInstanceConstant'Skyranger.Materials.Skyranger_InteriorWall_MATINST',
		Mat_Engine = MaterialInstanceConstant'SO_RangerSkins.Materials.MAT_PurpEngine',
		Mat_Landing = MaterialInstanceConstant'Skyranger.Materials.Skyranger_LandingGear_MATINST'
		)}

RangerSkins(2)={(
		SkinName="Miliranger",		
		SR_Mesh= SkeletalMesh'SO_RangerSkins.Meshes.SO_MilRanger',
		Mat_Hull = MaterialInstanceConstant'SO_RangerSkins.Materials.MAT_MilHull',
		Mat_Engine = MaterialInstanceConstant'SO_RangerSkins.Materials.MAT_MilEngine',
		)}

RangerSkins(3)={(
		SkinName="Sectopod",
		SR_Mesh= SkeletalMesh'SkyRanger_ANIM.Meshes.SM_SkyRanger', 
		Mat_Zero= MaterialInstanceConstant'Sectopod.Materials.Sectopod_MAT', 
		Mat_Hull = MaterialInstanceConstant'Sectopod.Materials.Sectopod_MAT',
		Mat_Engine = MaterialInstanceConstant'Sectopod.Materials.Sectopod_MAT'
		)}

1 and 2 dont work, they cant find my Mesh or my materials. Despite the minimodels being up in the map like I pictured above. Help! Already tried throwing in "Sky.SkeletalMeshComponent.PrestreamTextures(0,false);" before applying but that didnt help for the materials.

Edited by Synthorange