Mod items have disappeared in-game... please help!

Archaeis676

Hi All,

Today I tried optimizing my Fallout 4 settings to increase my FPS rate (especially when in the heart of the downtown Boston). Unfortunately, after doing the following, many of the mod-specific items I've previously placed have disappeared from my settlement, although I can still use the mods to place new items:

• OCDecorator without SK
  • Craftable Pillars, Floor Supports, and Support Braces
  • Stackable Concrete Foundations
  • Auto Doors
  • Power Everywhere - Long-Range Pylon

I've done the following to improve FPS (in descending order from first to last):

Within 'Fallout4Prefs.ini' file

1. included "bEnableFileSelection=1" as a separate line to allow modding
  2. changed iShadowMapResolution=2048 (was 4096)
  3. changed iPresentInterval=0 (was 1) and back again

Within 'Fallout4.ini' file

1. changed sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\ (was just STRINGS\) and back again

Using NVIDIA GeForce Experience

1. chose to "Optimize" Fallout 4

Using Nexus Mod Manager

1. re-enabled plug-ins after realizing that none of my mods were working
  2. disabled/re-enabled and even reinstalled some non-functioning mods to no avail

Could anyone shed some light on this for me please? If you need anything further, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm new to forum troubleshooting for myself and would gladly provide any additional information.

Thank You,

Archaeis676

If you remove a mod, then save while playing, it will make missing stuff permanent. try loading older saves

Is there any other way around this or a way to get back deleted save files? Unfortunately, I delete all but my most recent save to keep it all organized :blush:

If you remove a mod, then save while playing, it will make missing stuff permanent. try loading older saves

Is there any other way around this or a way to get back deleted save files? Unfortunately, I delete all but my most recent save to keep it all organized :blush:

Buy a bigger hard drive? I used to delete or save over other saves, until I found out that deleting mod content is a bad thing, and the saves aren't all that much data. Now I just hard save less often, but leave them all there until I'm done in that play-through.