FALLOUT 4 POWER ARMOR IN NEW VEGAS

TreeSquid28

The new power armour in Fallout 4 looks amazing! Why didn't they do this in Fallout NV? I'm tired of treading the wastes in my tin can suit with hardly any buffs. Someone needs to make a mod that will add these mods. I know Unoctium made a T-60 armour already but there is no animations for it. I'd love to see an over-hall for the T-45d, T-50b, and X-01 power armours. MAKE EM BIG AND TUFF!

LOOK AT THIS!!! WE NEED THIS IN NEW VEGAS! :

http://assets.vg247.com/current//2015/11/ValorFiend_power_armor.jpg

Links: Unoctium's T-60 power armour: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/60645

By animations, you mean the player getting in the armor? Don't think that's possible in Gamebryo engine. We had driveable cars but they have no animation ala GTA when they get in it.

Nah, not at all, it's just an idle/special animation. I can't personally do it (haven't tried my hand at animation), but a decent animator could. Nothing impossible about it, or even all that much more difficult than the multitude of special/idle animations already in FONV.

• 1 month later...

Before you say anything I don't know much about game coding and such so. So why couldn't you copy the fallout 4 armor animation and adapt it for fonv?

It's a commercial copyrighted work, so we can't copy it or any part of it, anymore than we could copy any other game's assets. There are a few games that have less stringent restrictions, like Stalker, but they are few and far between.

Simple enough answer. One more question, why couldn't you write a new animation based off the fallout 4 power armor animation but not a direct copy? Or is the answer to this the same?

from post #6

I can't personally do it (haven't tried my hand at animation), but a decent animator could. Nothing impossible about it, or even all that much more difficult than the multitude of special/idle animations already in FONV.