Certain mods don't work with the new Automaton DLC

KillasofCreepas

I have about 35 Fallout mods enabled in Nexus Mod Manager, most of which don't work in saves that include DLC items like robot workbenches. When I load a save that includes any DLC items, certain texture mods like CBBE work, but clothing and armour mods don't. When I revert back to a save where I haven't started the DLC questline yet, all of my mods function perfectly. However, yesterday, while pursuing the quest in which The Mechanist has to be defeated, all of my mods worked normally, so it can't necessarily be the DLC items that are causing the issue. This is a really weird problem that I'm having, and I hope that someone can explain a workaround.

Edit:

So I tried uninstalling the Automaton DLC and relaunching my latest save, and the mods still didn't work. In conclusion, I think my there are certain saves in which the mods do work and certain saves in which they don't, with or without the presence of the DLC. I still find it strange that it worked perfectly last night and suddenly there are problems with the mods loading. Is there a way that I can edit a save so that this doesn't happen?

Edited by KillasofCreepas

Worked perfectly fine last night, fired up the game a few minutes ago and get a green in game error box saying this save requires these mods. Well they're still there. Updated the mod manager, still getting the error.

Have you checked to see if the mod files are still there?

Could be an update broke it, check to see if the game updated. Check the install instructions on each mod, make sure any modified ini file changes are still there. Make sure the plugin file also lists all the mods, and in the correct load order.