Boston Airport Survival?

JimmyRJump

I play with a couple of mods which allow me to build a serious settlement at Boston Airport --something I didn't do on my first run of the game as I played that one in 'vanilla'. In that first play, I went with the RailRoad for the 'end-game', which of course destroys the BoS and the Prydwyn.

I can't seem to recollect though if the destruction of the Prydwyn influences the terrain of the settlement of Boston Airport; in other words, can anybody tell me, should I again build-out a large community at said location and again go against the BoS (with whatever faction), will my Boston Airport settlement survive the destruction of the Prydwyn?

Cheers

Well the settlers can't be killed by regular damage in the game unless it comes from you, or you modded them to be able to die. I don't think settlements objects can be destroyed by regular means either, except when you fail to defend them which is scripted, rather a destructible environment. I would guess "no" it would not be destroyed but that is an interesting question

The debris of the airship ends up on the tarmac SE of the terminal. IIRC, it actually takes up some of the space that was enclosed by the brotherhood barricades originally. So if you build too far south, you might end up with a ruined airship intersecting your building, along with some understandably less then thrilled paladins.

The debris of the airship ends up on the tarmac SE of the terminal. IIRC, it actually takes up some of the space that was enclosed by the brotherhood barricades originally. So if you build too far south, you might end up with a ruined airship intersecting your building, along with some understandably less then thrilled paladins.

Building "too far South"? I don't know if you had a close look at the terrain of the Boston Airport, but it ends right at the edge of what is occupied by the Brotherhood. The second part where the BoS are situated is in fact called "Boston Airport Ruins" and together with the "Prydwyn" location make-up the two parts of "Boston Airport".

For this reason the game ties together the locations of both Boston Airport Ruins and the Prydwyn airship, seeing that, when sending a provisioner to Boston Airport and looking at the PipBoy map via the option to see the settlements which are being connected through a provision line, the line to the Boston Airport is a lot of the time seen as a line to the Prydwyn. Hence my question that, if the Prydwyn is destroyed, would this feat influence the terrain of the Boston Airport yes or no, mainly because I don't remember what the terrain of the latter looked like after the destruction of the airship, simply because I had no interest in that location because a settlement there was impossible without a mod.

Also, with the Prydwyn destroyed, there should no longer be paladins in the vicinity.

Well the settlers can't be killed by regular damage in the game unless it comes from you, or you modded them to be able to die. I don't think settlements objects can be destroyed by regular means either, except when you fail to defend them which is scripted, rather a destructible environment. I would guess "no" it would not be destroyed but that is an interesting question

Yes, hadn't thought of that, the "indestructability" of a settlement and/or its buildings/inhabitants. Haven't set my settlers to being mortal either, so, I guess the settlement would come out unharmed. Or the BoS should attack the settlement from the moment they notice I'm about to turn my back on them and planning on destroying their pride and joy...

Anyway, thanks for the replies. I think I'll have a go at starting a settlement at Boston Airport and kick some BoS arse and see what happens. I'll pull this topic from under the debris after I got that far and report back :wink:

Edited by JimmyRJump

If you build within the original settlement box area, then your settlement will be fine. The Prydwyn wreckage ends up on the south tip of the peninsula the airport is on, occupying the conspicuously flat area in front of the BOS occupied terminal ruins.. It gets debris piles heaped up around it, but it shouldn't touch the vanilla settlement zone. However, if you have expanded settlement borders, and build southeast of the vanilla zone on the tarmac, the wreckage will intersect your buildings. It will not damage them or your settlers in the process, it will just materialize there.

try comparing that with your own game's geography.

Edited by Zetsumi_Nihilus

A-ha... thanks a lot for your extra clarification, my Mass Effect inspired friend ;)

Couldn't remember the exact spot where the airship came down, it's been a couple of months since my vanilla play-through. Plus, what was left of the sane part of my mind has slowly but surely deteriorated thanks to all the CTDs and bugs I've been plagued with since patching to the 1.4 version ofthe game... :P