HGEC Install

gyang79

I see that Rivelle has updated HGEC Body with BBB to version 1.12. The update offers an option during OMOD install to install without animations. This will come in handy for anyone currently using or planning to use fore's NoMaaM BBB Animation Replacer (another mod on my 'must have' list). When you used version 1.11 and changed bodies (by deactivating the OMOD and then reactivating it) you would have to re-install NoMaaM (some of NoMaaM's animations were overwrittten by version 1.11). Now with version 1.12 you can deactivate the OMOD and reactivate with your new body and no animations ... no more trouble with NoMaaM!! Gotta love it when you can have your cake and eat it too.

I see that Rivelle has updated HGEC Body with BBB to version 1.12. The update offers an option during OMOD install to install without animations. This will come in handy for anyone currently using or planning to use fore's NoMaaM BBB Animation Replacer (another mod on my 'must have' list). When you used version 1.11 and changed bodies (by deactivating the OMOD and then reactivating it) you would have to re-install NoMaaM (some of NoMaaM's animations were overwrittten by version 1.11). Now with version 1.12 you can deactivate the OMOD and reactivate with your new body and no animations ... no more trouble with NoMaaM!! Gotta love it when you can have your cake and eat it too.

Having a bit of an issue here....When creating the OMOD with OBMM, I'm not seeing any place to deselect the animations, so I can use it with the NoMaaM BBB. Only other mods I'm running are the Skeleton needed for it, and Exnems body/clothing replacer. Static bewbs FTL, my Prostitute and Harlot classes often go topless for RP reasons, but there's no jiggle to their wiggle. How am I supposed to distract guardsmen?!?

I don't currently have a machine with Oblivion installed to test the version 1.12 ... have you posted a question in Rivelle's HGEC Body with BBB v1dot12 Comments section? If version 1.12 is like version 1.11 the archive will extract to a pre-made OMOD that you just move to your OBMM omods folder and activate with OBMM. Sorry I can't be of more help right now (I'm working off my semi-lameass laptop ... no Oblivion for me for a while).

Edit: Your issue does sound like the type I'd run into when changing body type with version 1.11 ... I'd solve the situation by either copying the lost animations from a backup or re-installing the mod that lost it's animations when it happened to me in the past ... that's why I was glad to see Rivelle's update. Remeber, with animation replacers the mod that is last installed will be the one that wins when more than one mod changes the same animation. Install order matters (but this also makes the fix fairly easy once you get your head around that situation).

Edited by Striker879

Thanks, I got it jangled around with another mod, it works fine. Just started modding a few days ago, but for the most part, with OBMM at least, it seems fairly easy....the hard part is knowing compatibility. Pretty much got what I wanted for now, made this one character that's like a strongly Ayleid lineage altmer, all 6 magic schools and hand-to-hand, and the character just started shedding the armor when it became apparent that the spells I'd made were lambasting anything that stood in her way. Like a moth to a flame, she beelines for Oblivion gates, crashing through them butt naked....but I got tired of looking at the fugly bikini. >_>

That's the beauty of this game modded ... you can have whatever suits your fancy. If it doesn't exist you can learn to use the tools (Construction Set, NifScope and Blender ... all free) and make most anything your heart desires. Get familiar with the structure the game uses for resources by looking at your folders and their contents in Obilivion/Data. You'll see that textures go in Oblivion/Data/textures, meshes to Oblivion/Data/meshes etc. Once you start to get your head around it it's quite easy to install all but the most complicated mods manually (using copy and paste from the right click menu).

Glad you got it sorted out ... have fun!!

• 4 months later...
hey guys i have a problem with the omod version. it says "double-click the name of the mod in the right-hand side of the obmm screen." what does that even mean? im confused in that step, i need someone to make the step more simpler

• 1 year later...

hey umm how exactly would i install hgec manuly obmm and nmm and the other mod manager all dont work on my pc for sum reason like it dont let me use dem now how i install it manuly please tell me

IM DESPERATE i need cool loking armour for my girl charater right now they just look like flat chested buffoons in glas and deadric:(

• 8 years later...

Hello. Yes, i am also new at this game and because i want to install a mod, requires the HGEC, i try to find it at TesNexus site, but the page of this site, never load. There are too many HGEC and something mods, here. Can i download it from here ? Only the HGEC. That's all. Thanks.

• 5 months later...

Sorry for seeing this request for help so late. I will guide you to make your NPCs to look as good as possible. It is up to you to follow these steps, but trust me, I have been playing TES for 27 years now and have full control over what I am doing as a modder for 18 years.

1. Follow the instructions here: Oblivion Character Overhaul version 2 at Oblivion Nexus - mods and community (nexusmods.com) and if you get stuck, we have to sort it out together. You cannot fail this... :wink:

So lets see what you need really:

Blockhead

OCO2 with instructions and the only guide you need.

OBMM or Wrye bash - Use Wrye Bash really. That is the first and best mod manager ever made, and the first release came 2004 and it is still developped and supported by Wrye, most likely until he gets so old he lose his mind.

HGEC body OBMM original version - I dislike OBMM really...

HGEC Wrye bash version - USE THIS ONE

OBMM is useful, no doubt as it allow us full BSA control and that is the best feature it has. That feature is released stand alone as well somewhere...

A cool well working Skeleton that you need in case you want stuff to bunch around. I do not like bunching tits, as it looks painful honestly but many likes to watch bunching tits for hours. I prefer real tits really. :D

The face? We, well my modding team mates, one of them, I do not recall who really, made such a lovely face and it is included as a bonus here and need to be installed manually. I do not want you to make up me and I am sure you do not want me to make up you, nor your chars. Look at the screenies and you will see what you get. These face textures are made by the best modders 2006. I made that mod, retextured all our shoes and boots we used for the BAB body. Damn hard and boring work but the result was good, no doubt. So even if it is BAB body, do not install the mod, only the textures from the folder named:

BONUS_BETTER_FACE_TEXTURES

13823-1-1194470380.jpg

My old char using that texture.

13823-2-1194470380.jpg

The BAB body is really very very sexy, and looks damn good with my retextured shoes, and everything else. :D

13823-5-1194469355.jpg

Try any body really, but as the body needs to be installed before Blockhead and OCO2 , it takes some time to switch, but that is really what we have loads off I guess. All time in the world for testing, modding, playing... having fun... Touching some boobs in between if we need a break from this... :wink:

Romalight? Why cant I send you a personal message? Is romalight kicked out from Nexus? This makes no sense. romalight was active 10 days ago here. 8th April

Edited by Pellape