NMM won't Download mods, Activate them, or Change Mod Profiles!

0Anesthetic4u

Yesterday I wanted to re-scan for games and I set the destination for Fallout 4 Manually.

THIS BROKE EVERYTHING!!!

NMM crashed instantly and wouldn't even attempt to launch as simply clicking on it would give me the message "Nexus Mod manager is not setup to work with fallout 4", and do literally nothing else.

I managed to fix that problem, but now I have a whole other mess to deal with.

Nexus Mod Manager came in after the fix with none of my mods in the active state, every single one of them has the little crossed out circle infront of them.

To my surprise all my mods are still active when I launch the game.

However as the title says, I can neither activate, nor deactivate mods still in my library, nor can I download new ones.

Literally nothing happens when I click on them.

I click the little check sign a blank box flashes on screen for the briefest of moments, and then vanishes and nothing gets added to my activation que.

Clicking download does even less as absolutely nothing happens at all.

When I try to switch to my other mod profiles it gives me the message,

"The selected profile contains missing files from mods currently installed this usually happens when a mod with a scripted installer has been installed using different options

NMM will automatically retrieve your previous choices and proceed with the profile switch"

Then NMM Crashes and when I relaunch it tells me that I'm on the correct mod profile, but then says the previous mod profile, no longer has any active mods, and I still can't activate my mods.

Edited by 0Anesthetic4u

• 1 year later...

I am having the same problem and it is really frustrating.

I recently moved all my mods to my new external hard drive and everything was working fine. I played Skyrim and it never crashed and there were no bugs.

Then when I went to my Nexus Mod Manager and it wanted to update (which I always update) all of my mods were deactivated. Which was weird because I had just played Skryim to make sure they were working, which they were. So I went to activate them all again so I could put them in my load order but nothing happened. Half of my mods are in my load order but the other half isn't, but they are all showing in Nexus Mod Manager as deactivated. I tried uninstalling one mod and deleting it so I could re-download it. Once I downloaded it again it wouldn't install. It would start and the just say incomplete. I have no idea why. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling NMM but the problem is still there. If the developers of NMM could fix this somehow or if someone had the same problem and figured out what was wrong please say so. Otherwise I'm stuck with half of my mods being unplayable and not being able to download more mods. And I think lots of people are having the same problem.

Edited by Shephard7