Geralt movement speed increse

xgz1112

In short, I am requesting a mod that will increase Geralt's movement speed, preferably his out of combat speed and also preferably only Geralt's speed. That being said, if you want my reasons feel free to continue reading.

In order for me to enjoy RPGs more I like being able to move faster. It's sometimes laziness that persuades me not to explore when I have the chance. I love exploring, but it's offset by my boredom when I go far out of my way to try to explore and find nothing.

I know wandering and exploring is part of the role playing and it's more realistic, yada yada, but I enjoy a game more when I can move much faster, and it encourages me to do a second play through.

I've tried google and found nothing, nor have I seen another post with this topic.

I've secretly been wishing for a mod like this, myself. I don't think it's that easy to mod, however - I believe run speed is hidden away somewhere within the core files, and it's not just a simple matter of changing a few numbers around in an easily-accessible file. That's probably why we haven't seen one yet. One trick is to get both dodge talents, and simply draw your weapon and start dodging like mad, in order to move forward faster.

I've secretly been wishing for a mod like this, myself. I don't think it's that easy to mod, however - I believe run speed is hidden away somewhere within the core files, and it's not just a simple matter of changing a few numbers around in an easily-accessible file. That's probably why we haven't seen one yet. One trick is to get both dodge talents, and simply draw your weapon and start dodging like mad, in order to move forward faster.

In that case, it would seem to me that one could mod the dodge ability itself up to, say, 500%+ and use it as a really nice sprint. I assume this can be done because there is already a mod which alters ability tree ability values.

Edited by utherix

In that case, it would seem to me that one could mod the dodge ability itself up to, say, 500%+ and use it as a really nice sprint. I assume this can be done because there is already a mod which alters ability tree ability values.

Oh, maybe, but I've taken a look, and it's not as easy to mod as other abilities - in the ability file, it's just a reference to somewhere else, most likely a hard-coded stat in some obscure place I don't know about. Dodge-running looks rather silly, however, and I usually prefer not to resort to this method - I only do it when I'm particularly impatient or tired, for whatever reason.

While that would be much better than nothing, you couldn't use it in towns because your weapon is drawn. ON that note, is there a mod that "fixes" that? Because if I had a nickel for every time I've been almost attacked by guards because i forget to sheath my weapon!

UPDATE: I just did more googling, and i found a website that linked me to a german cheating website. There is a trainer that has a lot of cheats in it, but more importantly, a "Super Speed Mode" which increases Geralt's movement speed by at least 200%, i'd say 300%.

I haven't run a virus scan on the file, but my Avire, Malwarebytes, and AVG's active guard didn't give me any warnings.

Here is the link to the download http://dlh.net/chtdb/chtdl.php?lang=ger&id=49633

• 5 years later...

for anyone who stumbles across this thread and wants a faster geralt, you need to use Master Witcher Redux mod (found here on nexus) and he has implemented an awesome sprint capability (you can double tap the 'W' key and/or tap 'SHIFT' to make Geralt sprint)

however its only 0.25 times faster than normal. if you want to make him even faster, as i did, use the gibbed tools and unpack the scripts.dzip which should be in your MyDocuments\Witcher 2\UserContent\(MWRFolder_orWhateverYouNamedThisFolder)\

once scripts.dzip is unpacked look for a file called moveable.ws and edit it with SublimeText or whatever; line 78 you'll see the float value that you can change; I set mine to 1.75, and its barely passable (animations start looking a bit rough the faster you go so be warned)

the best part is you can always just hit the 'SHIFT' key to go back to normal run mode. Hope this helps and thank the mod author, I'm not even sure how he figured that out.

edit: don't forget to Pack up the contents of scripts.dzip

Edited by marthgun