Assigning Child Shaun to things

CaarosKingOfChaos

Am I the only one who thinks its ridiculous that you can't tell synth/child Shaun what to do in the slightest? Seriously, you can't even give him a bed to sleep in! How is the Sole Survivor supposed to be a parent to Shaun, when you can do literally nothing to influence them? Am I missing something?

Am I the only one who thinks its ridiculous that you can't tell synth/child Shaun what to do in the slightest? Seriously, you can't even give him a bed to sleep in! How is the Sole Survivor supposed to be a parent to Shaun, when you can do literally nothing to influence them? Am I missing something?

I quite agree, I don't know what to make of the kid. He won't age (as stated by institute scientists) and he apparently does not know he is a synth. On top of that, unless you sided with the Institute, I don't see him getting a new body barring another possible "donation" in a manner similar to Curie's own body. Our actual son Shaun seemed to take real interest in the well-being of this synth despite referring to other synths in a manner one would a Nuka-Cola machine. Maybe he was just pretending not to care?

Oh sure, the kid's knowledge of weapon mods means he can earn his keep no matter who takes care of him but otherwise it seems like an odd arrangement. I had also set up a bed for him in my house, along with a computer, a desk, and even a crate of toys but I can't assign the bed to him so it does not matter. If he thinks he is a real boy then he should at least think that he needs some sleep.

I will definitely look up the first mod that lets him sleep and help with farm work (I don't exactly see him manning guard posts or scavenging stations). I remember there being a kid in one of the settlements who already has such AI Subroutines, so when the GECK comes out it should be easy for someone to make similar alterations to synth Shaun.

Edited by CyrusAmell