mod conflict mod error error invisible walls

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Bauldric

Bauldric

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 122 posts

So, as my title suggests. I am getting random hardspots that seem to persist in my world no matter what. I can not figure out what is causing them because every time I try to trouble shoot they remain no matter what. It doesn't matter if I edit the world space or not and I am no longer using console commands (unless mods are behind the scenes). It seems to happen only in editable spaces and mainly in sanctuary. I will also post a load order but I am not sure what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to trouble shoot this beyond what I have been doing of besides pulling out mods one by one?

Spoiler

Edited by Bauldric, 27 March 2016 - 07:27 AM.

mac2636

mac2636

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 581 posts
You mean, you seem to walk into an invisible object that blocks your way?

Bauldric

Bauldric

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 122 posts

Yes, that's exactly what I mean. Not only that but it stops everything else. For all intensive purposes it is just an invisible metal object that spawns in random spots. It's always like the size of a cube going on forever into the sky. 

mac2636

mac2636

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 581 posts
This happens to me from time to time (haven't been able to pinpoint the cause), but it does usually go away after the cell resets. Usually after a fast travel or after spending a while away from Sanctuary.

DaemonGrin

DaemonGrin

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,106 posts

It could be a tree? There was an invisible tree in Sanctuary before that I could scrap, it seems to have been fixed though.

Good luck,

Geoff

mac2636

mac2636

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 581 posts

It could be a tree? There was an invisible tree in Sanctuary before that I could scrap, it seems to have been fixed though.

Good luck,
Geoff

Possible but I don't think so, because it happens inside a building that is built on top of one of the collapsed house's foundations.

DaemonGrin

DaemonGrin

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,106 posts

Do you happen to use mesh replacers? The only other time I've encountered this is with repaired sanctuary bridge. there is a corner (the angled stone corner that has a collision going straight instead of following the angle. Though I can jump over it.

Good luck,

Geoff

mac2636

mac2636

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 581 posts
For me its actually pretty random and usually small. I've never noticed the Repaired Sanctuary Bridge issue. I've only ever noticed inside a custom built building.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mod conflict, mod error, error, invisible walls

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.047 seconds